What's new

Iron Man (New Line sets 2005 release date) (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
saw Joe Quesada getting interviewed on G4 yesterday and he said the property that he is most enthusiastic about is Iron Man. Not Spidey 3, not Wolverine or FF2, or Cap America.

interesting.
I wonder how much of that is the businessman in him talking as I expect that IM has the greatest merchandising potential of any of the properties (I'm expecting a rival to Transformers in the different kinds of configurations that we are going to be seeing w/ IM figures and toys)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting to see how they adapt the Mandarin to the screen. He's a great villain but as a Fu Manchu derivative he's the kind of character the PC police like to keep a very close eye on.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I wish they had decided to go with the Crimson Dynamo. I bet they are going to work Mandarin in to Iron Mans origin.

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
That's an interesting choice. I like it, though, as Downey is very talented and this is a good sign for the flick.

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
I think this is brilliant casting. Downey has the looks, the acting skills, and experience fighting addiction. Perfect for Tony Stark.

JoSAN

Second Unit
Real Name
Home Theater Forum
I'm sorry, but this...

... is NOT my idea of Tony Stark.

Okay, so the guy knows what it's like to be a drug addict... but, geez, actors can... act. My anticipation for this movie was high but has now hit the ground.

Should've gone with an "unknown" who fit the bill.

I will see how things progress. Anything can happen. Downey may still be fired off the project yet.

Man, this news sucks.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Hmmm. Downey, Jr. is definitely not what I had in mind. I was expecting someone younger and perhaps more suave.

But I think he is a great actor, so it's definitely an interesting choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks