What's new

Iron Maiden "Visions of the Beast" re-release tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
This has been out in the US since the summer and there's a US re-release tomorrow? Is it different? Anyone know?

Mike

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Mike, your thread looked a bit lonely, so I thought I would chime in with something Iron Maiden related.

I recently re-installed a turntable after about 11 years of non-use. One of the LPs I played yesterday was Piece of Mind. I have not played that disc for years, but man, did it sound good.

I seem to recall that PoM was one of the better sounding hard rock LPs I owned, and my memory appears to have been spot on. What a great sounding disc. I always found Maiden to have a great hard rock sound (along with Dio, who sounds quite similar, sonically).

My LP is pretty much mint, and compared to other LPs of that era, is head and shoulders above most.

BGL

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I drove from Sacramento to Los Angeles (6 hours)to see Maiden last week for the Dance of Death tour.

All I have to say is Pachendale live! WOW!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

H

Hank

Matt,

I missed them in NY. I wanted to go but did not have the time. I did see them this past summer on The Give Me ED Til I'm Dead Tour. They only did Wildest Dreams than off of DOD. I'm dying to hear Paschendale live! How was Journeyman live?

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I saw Maiden 2 weeks ago at the Hammerstein and over the summer at the PNC Bank Arts Center. They really work their asses off. Unfortunately, some numbnut spilled beer on the soundboard before the encore at the Hammerstein :frowning:.

Piece of Mind is an incredible album. I'm starting to get vinyl again, not so much for the sound but for the covers.

As for this DVD, I think it's an Amazon.com fluke.

Mike

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Well then, you get a bonus; great sound AND a very cool album cover.

When I pulled this LP out of the stack, my 5 year old daughter was in the room, so I showed her the cover and explained that the persons name is Eddy (that is right, is it not?). She wanted to know why he had no arms (straight jacket), and why the walls were padded, And whats with the chains? Ahhh, the mind of a child.

Then she went on to the banquet scene, and wanted to know what they were serving. Well, sweety, that would be brains, which required me to then explain that your "mind" and your brains are sort of the same.

Well, the good news is that, unlike a lot of contemporary hard rock, I can actually play Maiden around my daughter without worrying about someone shouting an F-Bomb.

Cripes, I can't even play Fountains of Wayne because there is a lyric in Bright Future in Sales about someone "getting their sh*t together".

BGL

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I purchased this DVD at Circuit City last weekend. No clue why it is being re-released.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Hank,
I saw them here in Sacramento on the Give me Ed tour as well.

LA is my second time seeing them. Journeyman was really cool.

If I remember the set list correctly it was as follows:

Wildest Dreams
Wrathchild
Trooper
Can I play with Madness
Dance of Death
Rainmaker
Brave New World
Pachendale
Lord of the Flies
No More Lies
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Journeyman
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills

IIRC it went something like that.

Maiden rules in concert!!

Up the Irons!

PS I just saw on the Iron Maiden website the DOD DVDA will be released on 3/29/04. Its about time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks