What's new

IRON MAIDEN To Mix New Album In 5.1 (1 Viewer)

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor

"IRON MAIDEN To Mix New Album In 5.1 Surround Sound - Feb. 10, 2003

IRON MAIDEN are set to mix their forthcoming album in 5.1 surround sound as well as stereo, according to producer Kevin Shirley. "It will be a little different to the CD mix, so it should be fantastic!" he wrote on his web site. The as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2000's "Brave New World" is due in the summer."

Also the record will feature the first song ever written by Nicko McBrain

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Oh yeah. If this new album is close to Brave New World it will be fantastic, but frankly, I think it's gonna be better. Waaaaaay better.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Isn't Iron Maiden under the Sony Music umbrella now? If so, could an SACD of the new album be in our future? While they're at it, they can release Powerslave and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son on SACD. :)

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I couldn't be more impressed with the "comeback" of Iron Maiden. I know this is going to sound like blasphemy, but I really think their best album is Brave New World. If their new album is even close, I will be very happy. Also, I have to admit that I enjoy their concert dvd more than s&m and cunning stunts even though the vocals are in the main speakers.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Also, I have to admit that I enjoy their concert dvd more than s&m and cunning stunts even though the vocals are in the main speakers.
You are right, ROCK IN RIO is a far superior video than eiter Metallica releases. I can't wait for Maiden to give Metallica a run for it's money this summer at a festival they are palying together (which escapes my mind right now)

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
The Rock In Rio DVD is good, but I know I'm not alone in wishing Live After Death would be released officially on DVD.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Oh yeah, we all want Live After Ceath, it's just nice that RiR is no slouch either. And Sheldon, no blasphemy at all. I've got every album they've put out, and I'd put BNW near the top, with only NotB and maybe SSOASS above it.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Yeah, my old favorites were Piece of Mind (VERY underrated) and of course # of the Beast. For me the much improved production of Brave New World is what puts it over the top.
I'm surprised my earlier post wasn't considered flame bait.
;)

Chat C

Agent
Looking forward to the new release :emoji_thumbsup:

REALLY looking forward to Live After Death DVD official US release.

DREAMING for older albums to be released in 5.1.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Ive been a big Maiden fan for about a year now. I used to be a big Metallica fan but they just about lost me, I pretty much cant listen to them anymore and have lost faith in them.

The RiR DVD is mindblowing in DTS and is one of the best concert DVDs ever produced IMO.

I can only dream of how BNW and the older Maiden CDs would sound in 5.1. The upcoming CD is a nice start though.

:D

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I was a huge Maiden fan years ago but lost interest in them after the Somewhere In Time LP. I purchased the Live In Rio DVD when it was first released just out of curiosity and it was also on sale for $14.99. Well, lets just that I repurchased all of their remastered cd's (I still have all of their LP's on vinyl) and will purchase all future releases from them if Dickinson stays with them.

Patrick_L

Second Unit
chants in an English accent "Maiden, Maiden, Maiden.."

man, i love Iron Maiden to this day. started listening to them when NotB came out and quickly picked up the DiAnno stuff also. best metal band ever IMO. i agree that Piece is VERY underrated, probably my fave album of theirs. this is great news about the forthcoming album. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks