What's new

Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I got an email today that the NTSC version is delayed until 7/16 due to technical problems with the master.

Sounds like a great set, though! 2-discs, the full live show shot with 15 cameras and mixed in 5.1 (let's hope it's better than the Raising Hell 5.1 mix!), interviews, documentaries, etc.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I agree, hopefully it's better than the Raising Hell 5.1 mix. That was horrible. I'm sure I'll be picking this up either way though.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
I have a bootleg recording of the show and it sounds great for MP3 so the DVD SHOULD be great.
On my list
Marc

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Oh yeah... that's the soundtrack I listen to. I just wish it was PCM stereo... I know... bitch, bitch, bitch. :D

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Will Rock In Rio be released by BMG? I hope not, as it sounds like I'm not the only one who switched off the Raising Hell 5.1 track two minutes in...:)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
How is Raising Hell, btw? If the mc mix is so bad, is there a 2-channel mix?

I can't wait for Rock In Rio. The CD is great, too.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Rock in Rio is being released by Sanctuary.

The UK version is out now and the U.S. version is out next month.

I personally am going for the UK version because I can't wait an extra month.

OT: I hope this can out top my Motorhead: Boneshaker DVD, which is either my top 1 or 2 music DVDs. I doubt it though. The clips of the Rock in Rio on the IM site... I personally thought the edits were a bit lame. But.. we'll see, I wasn't too impressed with the "Hallowed" rock in rio clip on the "Number of the Beast DVD"

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Yes, the Raising Hell DVD does have a 2 channel mix that is sufficient but nothing special. As with everyone else has said, the 5.1 mix on it is terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks