iRiver anyone?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brandon Pop, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Brandon Pop

Brandon Pop Stunt Coordinator

I asked about iPods a couple of weeks ago. Now I wanted to know if anyone out there is using an iRiver and if so how do you like it?

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I bought an iRiver iMP-350 CDRW MP3 player. I love it. It'll skip eventually if you take it running, but it works ok. I like being able to use the CD format. I guess the non-CD format players are gaining popularity. I imagine they must be good for running and other bouncy sports!

3. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I have the IMP-550 and its a sleek, good looking player. Sounds good too.

I bought it to jog with and usually run for about an hour. It worked fine for a month than started to skip. I tried using the attachment that allows a couple of AA batteries to be added to the internal power supply. Still skips some.

I have finally adopted the routine of walking a bit at the beginning of the jog to allow the buffer to fill, when it starts to skip (after 30+ minutes), I walk or pause again to allow the buffer fo re-fill. Usually I can get thru my jog with just the one stop.

I should point out that I use the shuffle option so that I never know which tune is going to be played. This may make it more liable to skip.

4. craig_curtis

craig_curtis Stunt Coordinator

Craig
    iPOD airlines - the only way to fly!

I'm on my second one (had the first generation 5gig until this xmas when I got the 40 gig!). Never had a problem with it skipping. Don't really know anyone else that has either. That said, I really only know one guy that actually *runs* with it, and his hasn't skipped either.

5. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

I run with it all the time. It does skip very occasionally, but if you slow down or stop the buffer refills and you're back off to the races.