What's new

iRiver anyone? (1 Viewer)

Brandon Pop

Stunt Coordinator
I asked about iPods a couple of weeks ago. Now I wanted to know if anyone out there is using an iRiver and if so how do you like it?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I bought an iRiver iMP-350 CDRW MP3 player. I love it. It'll skip eventually if you take it running, but it works ok. I like being able to use the CD format. I guess the non-CD format players are gaining popularity. I imagine they must be good for running and other bouncy sports!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have the IMP-550 and its a sleek, good looking player. Sounds good too.

I bought it to jog with and usually run for about an hour. It worked fine for a month than started to skip. I tried using the attachment that allows a couple of AA batteries to be added to the internal power supply. Still skips some.

I have finally adopted the routine of walking a bit at the beginning of the jog to allow the buffer to fill, when it starts to skip (after 30+ minutes), I walk or pause again to allow the buffer fo re-fill. Usually I can get thru my jog with just the one stop.

I should point out that I use the shuffle option so that I never know which tune is going to be played. This may make it more liable to skip.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
iPOD airlines - the only way to fly!

I'm on my second one (had the first generation 5gig until this xmas when I got the 40 gig!). Never had a problem with it skipping. Don't really know anyone else that has either. That said, I really only know one guy that actually *runs* with it, and his hasn't skipped either.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

I run with it all the time. It does skip very occasionally, but if you slow down or stop the buffer refills and you're back off to the races.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks