What's new

IR remote for my wife (she needs macros) (1 Viewer)

Niel_JL

Stunt Coordinator
In this ever evolving world of technology, equipment also seems to get trickier to figure out. Even though it may take me a little while to figure out all the necessary buttons on a receiver, I know that I will figure it out in no time. My wife on the other hand is not electronics savvy (bless her heart). So if I'm not home on a given day and she feels like watching a movie, then I need to be confident she will be able to pick up all 3 remotes and figure it all out. Well I can tell you right now she won't :) So I need help. I need a IR remote that does macros, that way at the push of a button, all the right settings are implemented. Question is where do I start? I would guess my budget for this remote would be $100. Is there a specific brand I should check out? specific features? I am totally clueless on this subject and I need a little background
Thanks

Bob_Hammond

Agent
Go to remotecentral.com. Personally I have the HTM MX500 which I like very much. My wife and 7 year old daughter can almost always get the TV and RCVR on and with the correct inputs using the macros.

Bob

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I'd suggest a Pronto. It works pretty well & it's really customizable. My girlfriend is pretty used to ours.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I love the Radio Shack 6in one! And for just $40.
15-2104.jpg

Link Removed
Wes

John Sully

Stunt Coordinator
I can't say enough good about the Pronto and it's relatives from Onkyo, Yamaha and Marantz. These are great remotes and very, very customizable. So customizable in fact that even my most tech clutzy friends can use my very, very complicated system for anything. They are great.

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
The HTM MX500. My wife was in the same boat as yours. After I bought the MX500, she has had NO problem listening to the tuner, watching Cable/SAT or DVD's. It "de-intimidated" our HT!

Pete

ricky ho

Stunt Coordinator
check out Harmony easy zapper. i've been using it for a few months now. easy to set up and use.:emoji_thumbsup:
just reread your post. the zapper cost me $199.00. also you need an internet connection to program it.

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Sony has a new model L900 or something like that for about $60 that has macros and a very good set of onboard codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.