What's new

IR receiver for Technics tape and CD player (1 Viewer)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hey there,

This question is actually for a friend of mine who isn't a member here.

He had an older Technics receiver, CD player, and tape deck. He was able to control the tape and CD player via the receivers remote. They didn't have an IR receiver though, only the A/V receiver did. They were connected to it with a 1/8 mini-jack.

His A/V receiver broke so he bought a new one. Trouble is, he couldn't find one that had the 1/8 mini-jack to hook his tape deck and CD player to, and he's now unable to control them with a remote.

He's wondering if any company makes some kind of standalone IR receiver that can hook into the tape and CD player via the 1/8 mini-jack? Or if there are any other possible solutions that will allow him to control the two via remote?

Thanks a bunch.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Google Xantec....they make products that will do that. In my rig, I have a 4x1 connector block. The input is an IR Receiver, and the outputs can go to IR emitters (pasted in front of the IR receivers of the gear you want to control) or a direct 1/8 "mini-plug" terminated cable to gear with IR inputs.

Be aware that some companies (Sony and Pioneer in my experience) have 1/8 input but it uses a proprietary protocol, so they will likely NOT work with Xantec or other industry standard stuff.

BGL

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Ok thanks! I found their site, but am quite confused as to what it is he actually needs. All there products seem so similar. :)

They make something that is an IR receiver that has a 1/8 out to connect to the tape/cd player, and this receiver will allow the remote from the receiver to be used to control the tape/cd player?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks