IR control for Pioneer Elite

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GregH, Jul 19, 2001.

1. GregH

GregH Agent

Feb 3, 1999
    I've got a Pioneer Elite 610HD that I'm wanting to control with a control system. The IR receiver is on the inside of the set somewhere. I've tried the S-link type connector on the back and that didn't seem to work. Does anyone have any insight on this without tearing the set apart. If it does come to the latter is there a trick to doing it easily?
  2. John_Pech

John_Pech Extra

Mar 7, 2001
    Elites are a little tricky. The IR sensor is located between the Red and green guns of the set. IR from the remote is sent through the screen, bounced off the mirror to the sensor.
    There are 2 ways to accomplish IR control of the set.
    One being, locating an IR "blaster" across the room from the set, effectively emulating the remote.
    The second way unfortunately involves getting into the set.
    I don't recommend anyone just opening up the back of the unit to do anything without knowing the risks associated with doing so. First off, removing the upper back of the TV will cause the mirror to slide out of place and fall into the front lens, damaging the lense and breaking the mirror.
    And it happens in the blink of an eye!
    Another hazard is that when into the set, there are VERY HIGH VOLTAGES which can cause injury.
    And lastly, accidental damage to the set can occur from poking around inside the set, not knowing the design of the set.
    Hope this helps,
    I got two turntables and a microphone