What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Florida-based IQH3D will premier its glasses-free 3D products at CES in Las Vegas in January. The company says it has pioneered a new generation of 3D devices through R&D of legacy glasses-free 3D products and advanced related software applications. All the new products will be on display at the show including a 65-inch ‘Ultra D’ monitor. IQH3D also claims that attendees will be able to experience the highest quality 3D optics “…ever produced on a consumer device” with the SKYY 10.8″ streaming 3D tablet. All the company’s devices can be used for viewing 3D content and NFT stereoscopic digital art.
“Visit our booth and prepare to be amazed by the latest 3D technology!” says company CEO, Loyal Haylett.
IQH3D has attracted interest from consumers and companies across multiple sectors, including consumer electronics, advertising, retail, distribution, 3D content development, NFT art, gaming, and entertainment. As well as the 65-inch TV, products at the show will include the SKYY 10.8...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
That's why I went with a PJ and a 110" screen. The 3D did not look right, everything looked so small and surreal. IMO

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I'd like to see a tablet sized device that does it well so I can use it as a frame display for my 3-D photography.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I’ve heard of that one and the Proma3D version, thanks. Always looking for alternatives that might work better.

Andrew M

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Melomet
Click through to the website for their statement on compatibility and prices. $3500 for a 65" glasses free 3D monitor! Yikes! Too bad I won't be at CES (Covid Expected Shortly) this year to see it in person.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
This is not new tech but just another lenticular display with all its limitations. The Lume Pad's tech is much closer to what we are looking for in a glasses free display.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I’ll save my judgment for after I actually see one of these. I have seen slot machines with glasses-free 3D monitors that didn’t look too bad, but a movie of course would be the real test for them. I’d pay $3500 for one 75 inches or more that works as well (for both 3D and 2D material, I have no interest in faking 3D from anything that isn’t already) as my passive 3D set.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That sounds good, but I always wonder who are the whiney, sucky, farty people who just can’t wear the 3D glasses?

Some people don't like wearing glasses over glasses. I'm sure some people found the glasses uncomfortable. Panasonic, for example, had one of the worst designs for their sets that I ever had the misfortune to put on. Some people just don't want to wear glasses for an entire film and others may not be able to because of medical issues with their eyes.

Of all of the 3D capable sets that I owned, the LG OLED sets with passive glasses were the best and most comfortable with the Samsung active glasses being next best. The issue with the Samsungs is that the lenses were easily damaged because they only had a half frame.

I actually destroyed one set of glasses taking them out of Samsung's ridiculous packaging.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That sounds good, but I always wonder who are the whiney, sucky, farty people who just can’t wear the 3D glasses?

I have friends who get severe headaches from the 3D glasses. Or who have vision problems that don’t get 3D from the glasses. Unfortunately 3D glasses force our eyes to do things that are unnatural for how our vision evolved. And this causes greater stress for some than others.

And in general, everyone I know isn’t interested in watching movies with glasses for 3D. They prefer no 3D and no glasses. I’ve tried to host a 3D movie party and was met with a big “meh” from all my friends including my wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks