iPod: VBR & ID3 Tag Problems?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Cate, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Patrick Cate

Patrick Cate Stunt Coordinator

I'm thinking of buying a iPod soon, but have a couple of questions:

1. Does the iPod have any trouble playing MP3's encoded with VBR?

2. Does the iPod have any trouble reading ver. 2.3 ID3 tags?

2. Tom Moran

Tom Moran Agent

1. The iPod plays not only every MP3 you throw at it but also AIFF and WAV uncompressed audio files.

2. I have not experienced any problems with ID3 tags of any version in the 10 months I have owned my iPod but cannot comment on version 2.3 specifically.

In general I can't imagine there is better music device out there after having used the iPod for quite a while now.

Tom

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Patrick,
    The answer to both of your questions is "no problems what so ever." Enjoy your iPod. My fiancee and I love ours. We both have first generation 5GB iPods. One of my coworkers just got a new 10GB iPod. The few changes they made to it are nice (the dial is now a touchpad, it doesn't actually spin, and there is a cover for the firewire port).

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Man, I've loved my iPod since I got it, but I just recently picked up the iRock 330W and it's really expanded my use. I use it to play my iPod playlists through the car stereo. It's awesome!

5. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

can someone comment on how those wireless FM things sound compared to just playing a CD in my car?

6. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

The sound is better with CD's becuase the MP3's are compressed. BUT the sound using the wireless adaptor is much better than I thought it would be and is a bargain at 30 bucks. Also, I'd have to carry a couple hundred CD's in the car if I wanted to have the same variety that the iPod offers me.