What's new

iPod: VBR & ID3 Tag Problems? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Cate

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking of buying a iPod soon, but have a couple of questions:

1. Does the iPod have any trouble playing MP3's encoded with VBR?

2. Does the iPod have any trouble reading ver. 2.3 ID3 tags?

Tom Moran

Agent
1. The iPod plays not only every MP3 you throw at it but also AIFF and WAV uncompressed audio files.

2. I have not experienced any problems with ID3 tags of any version in the 10 months I have owned my iPod but cannot comment on version 2.3 specifically.

In general I can't imagine there is better music device out there after having used the iPod for quite a while now.

Tom

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Patrick,
The answer to both of your questions is "no problems what so ever." Enjoy your iPod. My fiancee and I love ours. We both have first generation 5GB iPods. One of my coworkers just got a new 10GB iPod. The few changes they made to it are nice (the dial is now a touchpad, it doesn't actually spin, and there is a cover for the firewire port).

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Man, I've loved my iPod since I got it, but I just recently picked up the iRock 330W and it's really expanded my use. I use it to play my iPod playlists through the car stereo. It's awesome!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
The sound is better with CD's becuase the MP3's are compressed. BUT the sound using the wireless adaptor is much better than I thought it would be and is a bargain at 30 bucks. Also, I'd have to carry a couple hundred CD's in the car if I wanted to have the same variety that the iPod offers me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks