iPod Shuffle© - Very Impressed thus far!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by todbnla, Feb 23, 2005.

1. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Let me first start off by saying I had never owned any MP3 players to date and when this came out, a co-worker had one on his desk one day and I knew I had to have one just because of the kewl factor. :b

Well, after placing my order and waiting the full 3 weeks as promised by the Applestore ordering procedure, mine arrived a few days ago. I hooked it into my Win based PC and charged up the batteries. I was down with the flu for a few days so I never got around to uploading any songs to it. Tonite I finally had a chance to use it for a spell and I am blown away. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The sound quality is awesome, as good, or, if possible, better than my portable cd player (maybe its just the new factor!) but it really sounds good. The earbuds are very small and I was expecting crappy sound but wow, was I wrong, full, rich sound, and LOUD too! In fact, I have had to turn it down several times already. So far, I am very IMPRESSED! Well done Apple.

Lets hear from others that have one...BTW-I got the 512mg version for $99, I could not see the extra $ for the size difference, YMMV.

Please post if you have an iPod Shuffle...thanks.

2. Jim_F

Jim_F Screenwriter

My main use for my 30GB iPod was shuffling tunes through an FM transmitter at work. A single charge wouldn't last through a whole 10 hour shift, so I had to carry the charger as well.

I got the 1GB shuffle about a month ago, and my big iPod has remained in its dock most of the time ever since. The shuffle's charge lasts through my shift easily, it's less to carry, and it also worked out splendidly on my recent flight to Vegas.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

I just picked one up today (512mg). All I can say is, "Wow!"

I already have a 30GB iPod, which has become an indispensable part of my life. I picked up the Shuffle to exercise with, but I can see using it for much more than that. After just a few hours of use, I can say that I love it and I am impressed by the sound quality. The lack of screen (which seems to be the biggest gripe) doesn't bother me at all.

Good job, Apple.

4. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Forgive me for replying even though I don't have one yet, but I sold my 40gig and got the new 30gig photo instead. The battery is noticably longer which is the primary reason I wanted to get rid of the 40gig.

That said I still can't take it to the gym, everyone on ipodlounge says if it has moving parts it's not a good idea to go running with it. Do any of you guys use the shoulder strap or does it come with some sort of belt clip?

edit- forgot to mention Sony's answer to the Shuffle looks pretty cool. OLED screen and longer battery life!

5. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

Scott, the Shuffle does not come with a belt clip or armband. An armband, however, can be purchased separately. I just put it in my pocket or wear it on the lanyard (although if you run, that probably won't work).

6. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams
    Call me an iPod hater...but I know a few people with the Shuffle...didnt really impress me other then the fact that it was all white. And no screen? I still find that stupid. There is also something about the sound I quite cant put my finger on...it sounds too "digital" for me, if that makes sense.