What's new

iPod question (1 Viewer)

I am interested in buying an iPod - but I was wondering if they have loud playback? I ask because I have slight hearing loss in one of my ears and usually need to turn up the volume more than a normal hearing person.

Do you find that you playback your iPod at full volume, or would that be too loud for comfortable listening?

Thanks for any feedback.

-Mike

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
the only stuff i listen to at full volume is metal (because it has to be played loud), and even then only when i am outside.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I use a docking device in my car for the ipod, where the volume has to be at about 90% for it to work right. If I forget to turn it down, and plug directly into my headphones- it is definately uncomfortably loud (I use enclosure style headphones).

I have slight hearing loss as well- and i find the ipod to be plenty loud- I normally run it at 50% or lower for casual headphone listening.

Also- your headphone impedance will influence the SPL output-- so you can buy headphones with less resistance and get a louder sound from the same device.

-V

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Vince...

Which docking station do you use???? I want to get one for my wife, but I haven't decided on which one yet...

R~

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
You can get it even louder, if you haven't done so, by going into iTunes (if that is what you use) and "get info" on your song(s) and increase the volume slider and the volume will be set higher on the iPod before actually increasing the level on the iPod. It can get very loud, I usually listen at 3/4 of full volume myself without the adjustment.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
yeah, I usually have to do that when listening through the speakers on my PowerBook since those speakers generally stink and you can definitly tell when I listen to a song later on the iPod that I raised the volume on I have to scramble to lower the volume on my iPod.:) BTW the iPod is really incredible, I am on my second one. Started with a 10 gb model and then upgraded to a 30gb model when the old one filled up. :) Now if Apple would just make a full fledged PDA...:D

cwhite

Second Unit

They did. Remember the Newton? No doubt many years ahead of its time and available technology.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I find that I only need to turn the volume up about half way to hear it decently. There's no way I could ever listen to it at full blast.

Your wish may be fulfilled. Mac Rumors ran a blurb today on the possibility of Apple bringing back the Newton.

A New Newton?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
On the Karma, around 50 to 65% of the max volume level is loud enough through headphones.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks