What's new

iPod Blues (1 Viewer)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I picked up a new 30 gig iPod the day they came out and I've had nothing but problems with it. First, it needs reset constantly. This is apparently a widespread problem. My battery also has problems holding a charge. Sometimes there is no sound when I push play. After a week of calls to Apple Care, I am sending it back and they are replacing it with a new one. I am very disappointed. Glad I kept my old iPod so at least I have a backup.

While I am a bit perturbed, I still love my iPod. :D I have close to 9 gigs filled up with music, most of it my CD collection (using AAC 160 kbps). Still have CDs to convert. I also got addicted to the Apple Music Store, and downloaded 45 songs this weekend. I've got to stop this!!!

Wondering if anyone else has experienced problems?

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your new iPod. I have one of the "old" 10 GB ones and so far I love it. I am using AAC 160 kbps so far and it sounds much better than MP3s on my Nomad Jukebox and those are ripped at a higher rate.

I did download one song as a trial over the weekend, worked with no problems. I have a lot of CDs to rip before I worry over buying anymore songs though.

Glenn

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Wondering if anyone else has experienced problems?
Yes...I'm racking up hefty bills at the music store. :laugh: I've had no problems with my original iPod, but a co-worker that got one the week it came out apparently wound up with a defective unit. Even though she didn't buy it at an Apple Store, she brought it into one expecting some advice on warranty repairs and instead they replaced it for her.

For anyone looking for a sweet deal, J and R is selling the discontinued 15" SuperDrive equipped iMacs for only $1299. That's the same price as the current entry-level model that only has a combo drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks