What's new

iPhone X pre-order and owners thread (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have noticed a difference between using Photos to look at a photo as opposed to looking a photo in a text message. This includes photos taken and sent with my phone.

I can only enlarge a photo in Photos (don’t know how to describe the amount) to a limited degree. If I look at the same photo in a message I can enlarge it much, much more. I talking by enlarging with finger gestures.

I don’t know if I could have done this with my hold phone or if it is a result of the 11 release.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Couple more things I’ve noticed. 1) I no longer get a time elapsed of the phone call I’m making. 2) I don’t see a banner at the top to tap to return to the phone app. I miss them both.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I figured it was a one-off. But then I saw your post which got me wondering.

Way too useful a function for it to just go away. After all, I noticed it wasn't there and you noticed it wasn't there...

And I bet we're not alone.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I figured it was a one-off. But then I saw your post which got me wondering.

Way too useful a function for it to just go away. After all, I noticed it wasn't there and you noticed it wasn't there...

And I bet we're not alone.
I talked to Apple Tech about another issue and at the end asked about the banner and time elapsed. I was talking to an upper level tech and the banner thru him. He couldn’t find any doc on it, but we both agreed it went by by because of the notch. Also while we were both looking at my X phone screen he pointed out where the elapsed time. It was on the left, lower than it used to be. Jeez, there’s no excuse for not seeing it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ugh a dilemma. I have an X through the Apple 24mo loan program. So it’s 3mo Into it’s life. But I want to change from att to Verizon. Which requires a different version of the X. I wonder how much it’ll cost to do this.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ugh a dilemma. I have an X through the Apple 24mo loan program. So it’s 3mo Into it’s life. But I want to change from att to Verizon. Which requires a different version of the X. I wonder how much it’ll cost to do this.
I'd start with examining how important to move is to you. After all, only 3 months ago you bought the phone to use on ATT. Is it really important to move?

If you still want to move, start reading the fine print that states what it'll cost you to get out of the contract. Then I'd call Verizon and ask if they can help you move. Maybe they can help you buy out of ATT.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Johnny: Go figure. But I finished a phone call today and the run-time was prominently displayed on my iPhone 6 where it has always been. So why it didn't the other day...I can't explain. I guess, like I suspected, it was a weird one-off.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'd start with examining how important to move is to you. After all, only 3 months ago you bought the phone to use on ATT. Is it really important to move?

If you still want to move, start reading the fine print that states what it'll cost you to get out of the contract. Then I'd call Verizon and ask if they can help you move. Maybe they can help you buy out of ATT.
I should have been clearer with my situation. I'm a long time AT&T customer and I no longer have a contract, I'm month to month. I've been unhappy with their service for quite a while but have stayed the course because I had a grandfathered unlimited plan which I just got off of for their standard unlimited plan. So there's no cost in leaving them.

My only concern is how to get a new X since my current X is AT&T model and Verizon requires a different model X to work on their network. My X is financed through Apple (Citizen One Loan) for 24 months, after 12 months I can trade it in for newest iPhone, or after 24 months I own the phone outright. Being only 3 months old I wonder if they'll charge me a huge penalty, because I'm not trying to "upgrade" my X, I'm trying to cross-grade it. Moving from one X to another X, just one that works on a different network.

My dissatisfaction with AT&T has been their service, I can barely get 1 bar in my home and when I walk around, I can drop calls.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think you’ve got to talk to apple about your situation. And Verizon. Maybe they can help you switch.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I would think Verizon would jump through hoops to make things easy for you to join their coverage and yank you away from AT&T.

Big companies like that really want to take customers away from their top competitors. (Oh! That deal I got from my cable company to return to the fold after I had strayed to a satellite dish service.)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Anyone having problems with your X? I've got a friend who bought her's first day. She hates it. She's plagued by buggy software and persistent performance problems. I don't know enough to say if it she's got a bad phone, if the problems she sees are widespread but not really the bad, or if "she's using it wrong".

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yep. Sounds like she has a lemon. My X has been performing flawlessly since the day I fired it up, and it's f-a-s-t. The only thing about it that sort of bothers me is the weight. It's pretty heavy compared to my 7. All that glass ya know. However, that's a minor nitpick in the long run. I love the phone.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was amused this morning by Face ID. I was shaving with my electric razor and an alert popped up on tre iPhone. I gazed at the phone off axis to the left of the phone and it still unlocked with the razor on the face.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There is one odd behavior on my X that is intermittent. Maybe it happens one or twice in two weeks. I’ll sweep up from the bottom to bring up the open apps. Nothing happens. Do it again and no improvement. Finally it will work.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
My Department head had one since launch he loves it with no problems, I'm thinking about upgrading my SE early and picking one up, looking at what is probably coming out in the fall I'd go for the updated X anyhow so i may go for one with a one year upgrade policy and then upgrade it next march, I would'nt be interested in the 6.5 inch version i had a 7 plus and thought that too large, the X seems the prefect size
I'm not a huge video or picture taker would 64gb be enough or should i go for the 256gb? wish they made 128gb its what i have now

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks