What's new

iPhone 7 Plus: What Did I Just Buy?!!! (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Indeed. If the "dongle" actually has a decent DAC built-in (and the lightning output has no analog audio), then I'll definitely want to stock up on a few before they hike the price -- at that price, I was curious to buy one to try on my 6s anyway. Still, kinda surprising that it would sound any better than the old headphone jack output given the constraints (w/in the "dongle")...

Personally, even if/when I upgrade (to whichever future model), I'll probably opt for something better -- I figure if I actually have to go this route, maybe it's time to try something better... maybe an AudioQuest Dragonfly or the like... preferably something that can actually drive my new-ish Sennheiser HD600 for home use. But stocking up would be more for the rest of the family -- they are much more likely to break the thing than me anyway...

_Man_

Last edited:

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I ordered a 128 which ships in October of who knows when. There are 4 apple stores in town with stock of 256gb units. Is it worth paying more to get it now? (I won't be back in town until Friday)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Would you pay $100 to rent the new iPhone for a month?

Do you need 256 GB storage?

Is this a business tool and having the new model sooner enable you to earn that extra cost and more?

Does your budget allow the splurge and it's worth it to you to get the iPhone right now?

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Ordered my 7+128 on launch morning before 5am. I live in Vancouver Canada and my phone is currently in anchorage via Korea. It says they have my package but "receiver Requested clearance by a non-UPS broker".

First, I didn't request anything. Second, do I need to do anything? This has taken long enough to arrive and I don't want to cause a further delay on my part.

Thanks.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Finally traded my 6s+ for the 7+ yesterday.

I like it but the glass sits up abut a mil higher on the bottom than the top so I can feel the edge of the glass there.
It's in a case so that not really an issue.

Issue is the camera lens gets hot when I use it as a camera, If it
keeps doing that I will return for another one.

Got the gold again. Didn't like the matte black or the piano black.

Other than the camera and the speed, which I don't notice, I guess there sisn't much diff from the 6s+

Need to get a case for my wife's pink 7+ now.
Her Note 4 stopped working properly so she reluctantly got a new phone.

Also she was using Mighty Text for android which is great.
You can sync it with an android using MT and text message right on your
laptop in addition to the phone.

Anything out there like that for iphone?

Having needed to use the dobgle for headphones yet.
Any issues with it so far.
There was talk of it being flimsy and buying extras earlier on.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Not necessarily the lens but the area at the top where the lens is so top back right corner gets warm.
Probably too warm. I'll have to check my wife's iphone tomorrow when she gets home.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tony,

First, congrats on your iPhone 7+

You are correct in saying that there isn't as huge a difference in this model over the previous. I think, moving forward, all phone innovations are going to be incremental.

You mentioned Mighty Text. I remember using that software when I had an Android device. Now that I am back to the iPhone, it easily syncs messages with my Mac laptop and desktop. If you have Windows, however, I don't know if there is a solution. Mac products are designed to work with each other.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ron are you able to access text messages on the Mac and respond?

My wife still ahs our old macbook she has the FB messenger but we can't find any way to type and recieve regular text messages on it.

Also probably returning my iphone because it's too warm after using it, especially using the camera, compared to my wife's iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks