1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by TJPC, Sep 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TJPC

TJPC Cinematographer

Terry Carroll
    Here's a puzzler for you. For no reason that I can detect, my cellular connection suddenly doesn't work. I keep getting "no service". I updated the latest software, turned it on and off, reset my connection -- all things suggested by various websites, but nothing. To serches but still says "no service".

2. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Terry -

Did you update to iOS 10 before this happened or after?

Has the SIM card been ejected or partially ejected? My wife's iPhone 5s did this shortly after she got it. A quick work around was to power off the phone, eject and reinstall the SIM card. Service would be restored upon repowering the phone. After a few days it would happen again. After about the third time, I ejected the SIM card and cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser. It never happened again after that. Apparently there was a bit of something, possibly oil from a fingertip, which had soiled the SIM contacts and it was getting intermittent electrical signal between the SIM and the phone. Removing that contaminant gave the contact a solid electrical signal again.