What's new

iPhone 11 and 11 Pro / Max owners thread (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
i7dg5d7nuhn31.png
OMG, a phone that collects dirt? I’m glad all the others don’t. :rolleyes:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just pre-ordered my iPhone 11 Black 256GB to be picked-up at my local Apple store 9-20.

Trading in my iPhone 6. :D

My check-in window at my local Apple store is 9:30 to 10 tomorrow (Friday) morning. Then, after a couple other errands, home to restore my phone data onto the new device via my laptop.

In retrospect, I am SO happy I decided to splurge on the 256GB drive.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have a question.

As a Windows/PC guy, I've always heard that Windows needs room-to-breathe on a PC/laptop and will not operate at full performance if the device doesn't have enough available space on its disc storage. Does anyone know if this is also true for iOS on an iPhone?

I'm just curious because there have been times over the years when I've gotten messages on my phone that I had no further room (storage) to be able to take pictures, but never noticed any change in the phone's performance. Just curious.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Over two hours on the phone with Verizon.

Could not get a cellular connection.

Turns out Apple programmed the phone with the wrong ID number for the Sim card.

You would think this process would have been easier. :(

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Over two hours on the phone with Verizon.

Could not get a cellular connection.

Turns out Apple programmed the phone with the wrong ID number for the Sim card.

You would think this process would have been easier. :(
Did you get connected? What phone did you get?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The green is subtle, but that is a handsome phone, Sam.

What kind of case are you putting it in? I really should start a new thread on cases.

I bought the Apple Folio for $129 and the Spigen Hybrid for about $13 on Amazon.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I have a question.

As a Windows/PC guy, I've always heard that Windows needs room-to-breathe on a PC/laptop and will not operate at full performance if the device doesn't have enough available space on its disc storage. Does anyone know if this is also true for iOS on an iPhone?

I'm just curious because there have been times over the years when I've gotten messages on my phone that I had no further room (storage) to be able to take pictures, but never noticed any change in the phone's performance. Just curious.
Low storage doesn’t affect iPhone performance. Just the ability to store data :)

It doesn’t really affect Windows these days either, I don’t think. Not if you’ve got adequate RAM and/or an SSD. It’s really only about having enough space for virtual memory and not causing the system to search a slow spinning disk for free sectors.

That is to say, all the intuition us computer nerds built in the 90s is increasingly 20 years outdated and increasingly counterproductive for successful computing. :)

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
@Mike Frezon Portrait mode? I knew I should have bet the first photos you would post would be your dogs?

Yes. Portrait mode. And, guilty as charged. :D

That is to say, all the intuition us computer nerds built in the 90s is increasingly 20 years outdated and increasingly counterproductive for successful computing. :)

You know, Dave. I had a feeling that would likely be the case. Somehow I'm not surprised to find out that my knowledge is rather out-of-date.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Love the photos of your dog.

All these years owning an iPhone and I have yet to use portrait mode -- and I should. So many cool effects I could use in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks