What's new

iPad Pro owners thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Click the Upload a File button.
Then press the Photo Library option in the pop up
Then choose a library / album and then pick your photo(s)
Tap done
Then tap the Thumbnail or Full Image below to insert into the post

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Click the Upload a File button.
Then press the Photo Library option in the pop up
Then choose a library / album and then pick your photo(s)
Tap done
Then tap the Thumbnail or Full Image below to insert into the post
Worked perfectly. Thanks.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That’s an interesting questionn. I checked my set-up on my iPad Pro. I know that I have spam and junk mail going to a folder for them. And I did not see a setting for it on the iPad. I’ve been getting mail since my first iPad 1 and junk mail must have been set on my original mail service provider which is Yahoo mail. And I set that up ages ago! My folder structure for mail is as it’s there. Also on my Macs using the mail app, it’s the same. I can see the folders as set up on Yahoo on the iPads, Macs and iPhone.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
While I have the Apple Pencil, I use my fingers a lot on my iPad and the screen becomes very heavily fingerprinted in very little time. I use water, which I carefully dab on the screen, and a micro-fiber cloth to clean it. The results are often less than clean.

How do you guys clean your screen? Or how do you prevent finger-printing? I'm wondering if there's a screen protector that this less prone to smudges?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
While I have the Apple Pencil, I use my fingers a lot on my iPad and the screen becomes very heavily fingerprinted in very little time. I use water, which I carefully dab on the screen, and a micro-fiber cloth to clean it. The results are often less than clean.

How do you guys clean your screen? Or how do you prevent finger-printing? I'm wondering if there's a screen protector that this less prone to smudges?
  1. Hold iPad out the window when driving through the car wash every Friday
  2. Always wear artisanal, hand-crafted sheep-skin gloves while using my iPad
  3. Conflict-free, freedom-mined diamond screen protector

:)

Seriously...
  1. I don't
  2. I don't
  3. I don't

It's a touchscreen device. It gets finger prints. I use a case with the typical microfiber cover which tends to do a little cleaning by design. But that's it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’m sure everyone has their preferences. I use the Apple Smart Cover when I’m not using it. I have no screen protector films on my iPad Pros. I tend to keep my hands clean and avoid touching my face as that will transfer oils on my face to the screen. But there are still finger prints. So I used microfiber cloths to wipe the screen and that’s usually all it takes, I have used a little water to moisten a clean diaper and wiped the screen too when it’s a little dirtier. And I always try to wipe the screen down before using the Apple Pencil to remove any debris, if there is any oils on the screen, it will cause uneven friction for the Apple Pencil tip as I sketch.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Your link led me to a Tech Armor cleaner which one reviewer wrote:
The oil in the cleaner makes the screen feel silky smooth for swiping and even seems to deter fingerprints. At least our screen doesn't seem to get dirty as fast, now that we've started using this.

That got me interested and I think I try the Tech Armor. Here's a link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E19H9U0/ref=psdc_14084681_t3_B00076N568

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
For some reason, our browsers are going in different directions.

Just type "iKlear Apple" in the Amazon search bar and you will find it. I recommend the $15 kit which includes the cloth.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like my iPad is slowly dying on me. It's going on six years so looks like a new iPad is in my future very shortly.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Looks like my iPad is slowly dying on me. It's going on six years so looks like a new iPad is in my future very shortly.

That’s a long life!

If you want a new iPad and want to keep it cheaper, the $329 iPad is good. It’s what I’ve had the past year.
Yeah, but he posted in the Pro thread. Hmmm, does that indicate a bias towards a particular model. I buy a tablet so seldom, I'm willing to spend a little more. I'm satisfied for a longer period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks