Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Ip Man 4: The Finale UHD Review
IpMan4-feat-1024x503.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

cadavra

Second Unit
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Saw it theatrically, and found it a vast improvement over #3, which spent far too much time on his wife's illness, not to mention the laughable inclusion of Mike Tyson, whose line readings are even more wooden than the Chinese actors'. I did find it interesting that Bruce Lee is presented as a real jerk, which would seem to validate Tarantino's depiction of him in OUATIH. Still, the series' apex remains #2, thanks to the inimitable Sammo Hung--both on and off-screen.

Cameron Yee

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yes, 4 is a definite improvement over 3, so it saves the franchise from a totally disappointing end. Insert my shameless plug of my review of Ip Man 3 here: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/ip-man-3-blu-ray-review/ :)

I thought the depiction of Bruce Lee was better than in Tarantino's film. The actor who played Lee in Ip Man 4 also plays Lee in The Legend of Bruce Lee series that's on Netflix, and that series has the blessing (and production efforts) of the Bruce Lee family (namely daughter Shannon).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Bruce Lee didn't lack confidence and was a troubled young man which is why his father sent him back to the States.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artscience100