What's new

iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 and watchOS 8 and macOS whatever (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I moved all the DVD PROFILER/MY MOVIES PRO discussion to this thread

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Is this release considered stable? I’ve got an email staying to install it. I wonder if My Movies Pro will work with it?

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
$85K for a one-off, user-modified phone that "you will not … update [or use] as your daily phone?"

I could imagine an unethical competitor with more money than sense paying $85K for a stolen iPhone prototype, but this appears to be just a home-brew phone with USB-C hacked in in place of Lightning. It must have taken a lot of skill to do this, but if you can't use the result as an everyday phone, I can't see it being worth $1K, let alone $85K!

I guess the seller is counting on the old sayings that "You can fool some of the people all of the time" and that "A fool and his money are soon parted."

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Your vast digital movie library that none of your loved ones want? Here’s how to ensure they get it regardless once you’re gone.

Nope. According to that article (near its end), this new feature apparently excludes "licensed media" (at least so far), so no digital movie library if I understand that correctly (and nothing else seems to suggest otherwise)...

And that makes sense given the general, fairly well known motivation of the studios, et al and the fine print we're often enough made aware...

I suppose some (very rare) heirs (w/ worthwhile enough digital library) might wish to raise a big enough stink to get Apple (or maybe Amazon?) to work something out w/ them, but I definitely wouldn't count on that -- and no, don't even think about Vudu (and probably Disney/MoviesAnywhere), LOL...

_Man_

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
After this release, I got a message about a reminder asking if I wanted it to be time sensitive. Sure I do. Now it constantly shows up on my phone Lock Screen until it’s checked off. I haven’t found a way for it not to be time sensitive. It’s already got a time for it to pop up and remind me.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
After this release, I got a message about a reminder asking if I wanted it to be time sensitive. Sure I do. Now it constantly shows up on my phone Lock Screen until it’s checked off. I haven’t found a way for it not to be time sensitive. It’s already got a time for it to pop up and remind me.

Time sensitive for what kind of reminder? To make use of that new (beta?) "legacy contact" feature (or something to do w/ that, if you already started)? OR something else unrelated to that?

Hmmm... Were you just finally replying to Dave's month-old reply to you about upgrading to iOS 15.x, which is apparently upto 15.2 now? I only tried the latest version My Movies Pro for a bit w/ no problems in 15.0.2(?) and 15.1.1 -- however, 15.1.1 on my iPhone 13 Pro seems to be a problem for DVD Profiler's barcode scanning (at least for me anyway), but not for My Movies Pro...

_Man_

Last edited:

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Nope. According to that article (near its end), this new feature apparently excludes "licensed media" (at least so far), so no digital movie library if I understand that correctly (and nothing else seems to suggest otherwise)...

And that makes sense given the general, fairly well known motivation of the studios, et al and the fine print we're often enough made aware...

I suppose some (very rare) heirs (w/ worthwhile enough digital library) might wish to raise a big enough stink to get Apple (or maybe Amazon?) to work something out w/ them, but I definitely wouldn't count on that -- and no, don't even think about Vudu (and probably Disney/MoviesAnywhere), LOL...

_Man_
That’s a bummer. :) I didn’t read the article on the nuances, more interested in sharing a quick “how to“ with friends.

That’s an iOS 15 feature, asking if it should mute or allow “time sensitive” notifications like Messages when you’re in a Focus mode. I got a bunch of those early on but then it stops after you’ve batted them away enough times.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Real Name
Clint
You can change the time sensitive settings individually by app in Settings —> Notifications —> (choose your app) and toggle it on or off. 3220EF79-0C0A-40F7-86ED-997F9231EE0F.png

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
This Macrumors article could use better writing (or maybe better understanding of updates?).

Don't know about the other features/updates, but the description of the change/update to Emergency SOS just seems wrong or quite confusing.

Near as I can tell (w/out actually updating to 15.2 yet), all this update does is break out the already existing "Call with Side Button" option (on 15.1.1 and probably earlier versions) into 2 options to allow separate settings for "Call with Hold" and "Call with 5 Presses" instead of leaving them tightly coupled in one setting.

Also, I've never checked this setting in the past, but was aware for a long time that you could (by default) access Emergency SOS (on top of the usual phone shutdown function) by holding the side buttons, which this confusing description indicates (at least to me) you couldn't before 15.2.

Not too sure why this change other than maybe enough people often enough accidentally trigger Emergency SOS when the side buttons are held down (whether accidentally... or intentionally to get to the shudown function)...

FWIW, I also found the description of the new Communication Safety feature quite confusing as well...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dennisgordan
Recent bookmarks