What's new

iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 and watchOS 8 and macOS whatever (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sam,

You need to go into the FIND MY app

82EA7A7A-7C61-4123-8998-AAF6EC6A7C53.jpeg 8F6F7D2D-14F7-4B9B-87FA-09AD3225F14C.jpeg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
First of all, I had no issues following that video.

Secondly, that's odd you don't have that option on your phone.

I am no longer on a beta. Out of the beta program. On 15.0 and obviously for some reason you and I are showing different screens.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A week later, my new iPhone finally shows up in Safari’s iCloud Tabs. Whew! I use that all the time!

Now waiting for my purged and deleted iPhone 8+ to get removed from iCloud Tabs! :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A week later, my new iPhone finally shows up in Safari’s iCloud Tabs. Whew! I use that all the time!

Now waiting for my purged and deleted iPhone 8+ to get removed from iCloud Tabs! :)
And...it's gone. iPhone 13 no longer listed in my Cloud Tabs...subsequent to 15.0.1 update?

I wish iCloud wasn't completely opaque. I want some error codes and debugging features and "refresh" buttons to mash!

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Actually, the latest version of macOS is Big Sur, soon to be replaced by Monterey. You're currently running the latest and greatest macOS that supports your 2011 iMac. You can't move to a more recent version of the operating system without getting new hardware.

Assuming that the person to whom you are responding bought a current-model Mac in 2011, that would make it a mid-2010, mid-2011, or late-2011 model. That means that the iMac originally came with Snow Leopard (10.6) or Lion (10.7) – and can run anything up to High Sierra (10.13), for a total of 7 or 8 major versions of the OS.

High Sierra is no longer one of the three most recent versions of the OS. As far as I know, that means that it is not getting security updates, let alone feature updates. Getting new software for it is becoming harder, as some software vendors (like Adobe) only offer applications for supported versions of the OS, while others who still offer High-Sierra-compatible applications might just be offering "frozen" older versions of those applications.

However, High Sierra is newer than the OS (Sierra) running on that 2010/2011 iMac. One can upgrade an old Mac to High Sierra, for free, by following the instructions in this Apple Support article:
Apple Support – How to get old versions of macOS

Do this from Safari, with your default browser set (at least temporarily) to be Safari. Some links in that support article (including the High Safari link) open hidden pages in the Mac App Store. My experience with Firefox is that it does not open these links correctly and that you will get a unhelpful error to the effect that the requested item is not available in the U.S. store. Use Safari, and things work. (This suggests to me that the real issue is that Safari sends some sort of authentication or location information to the Mac App Store, and Firefox doesn't.)

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
So I have a an iMac Which I purchased from Best Buy when I lived in Tampa in 2011 Its so old it still has a built in Physical media drive. I am typing this post on it as we speak. I just noticed it running Sierra but that the most up to date Mac os Version is Catalina .. I Went to updates and it says I have none. Am I correct in assuming Apple is No longer supporting my 10 year old Computer? I would hate to have to buy a new I mac. I have never had a problem with this one

Apple no longer offers repair parts, repair service, feature updates, or security updates for that Mac. (They do offer free upgrades to High Sierra, via a link in a support article, as noted in my previous post.)

However, as long as the machine is still working, you can get (or have) applications that you need, and security risks are acceptable to you, you can continue to use the machine and get value out of it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Are there setting for Safari on iPad?
I swear right after I added iOS 15 and opened Safari I could see the the tabs on the bottom now I don’t and don’t see any settings to change it back to bottom.
Also I thought there was an option for floating tabs on screen?

I use Chrome about 98% of the time but I wanted to see what was going on with Safari.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are there setting for Safari on iPad?
I swear right after I added iOS 15 and opened Safari I could see the the tabs on the bottom now I don’t and don’t see any settings to change it back to bottom.
Also I thought there was an option for floating tabs on screen?

I use Chrome about 98% of the time but I wanted to see what was going on with Safari.
Settings App -> Safari

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah I checked there but nothing that I can see that switched the tabs to Bottom.

On iPhone it’s right in the address bar if you tap on Aa.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
And...it's gone. iPhone 13 no longer listed in my Cloud Tabs...subsequent to 15.0.1 update?

I wish iCloud wasn't completely opaque. I want some error codes and debugging features and "refresh" buttons to mash!
I found and tried the Apple Support process.

My iPhone 13 appeared in my iPad’s iClod Tabs for literally about a minute afterwards, and then vanished again.

I’ve got to find time to call Apple. Something’s wrong. (I’m ready to reset my iPhone and reinstall, hoping that will fix it. But I don’t know the best way to do that without nuking my cell plan.)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
And AirDrop is broken with the new iPhone. It doesn’t recognize devices and devices don’t recognize it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I found and tried the Apple Support process.

My iPhone 13 appeared in my iPad’s iClod Tabs for literally about a minute afterwards, and then vanished again.

I’ve got to find time to call Apple. Something’s wrong. (I’m ready to reset my iPhone and reinstall, hoping that will fix it. But I don’t know the best way to do that without nuking my cell plan.)
So, I did it again, but skipping the restart step.

Again, the 13 appeared in the iPad Safari tabs. But it had outdated tabs listed. I deleted them in the Safari interface. And the phone vanished from the listing.

So, if nothing else, maybe this is a way to get rid of the iPhone 8 entries. I deleted those tabs from the iPad start page. The 8+ vanished from the listing.

And the 13 appeared in the listing with the actual tabs! <angelic choir>

Problem fixed, hopefully.

Now if I can only fix the AirDrop problem.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Having resolved the cloud tabs and (more or less) the air drop problems, everything is working well. I’m cautiously optimistic that Safari’s cloud tab syncing is actually working better, faster, more reliably than it did in iOS 14.’

I like Tab Groups. They take more work, but they’re helpful overall. And I discovered the “start page” with all the cloud tabs is also accessible tapping in the address bar, which gives me access that at times is helpfully simpler than getting to a new tab.

I’m now able to consistently enjoy the fantastic battery life, improved-in-all-ways cameras, and overall zippiness of the A15. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks