What's new

iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 and watchOS 8 and macOS whatever (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Also, at first glance, I'm a big fan of the "Just for You" features, seeing links and photos from Messages show up in Safari and Photos.

I don't like how the for-you links are in different UI elements on iPad (sensible, easy to find) and iPhone (non-sensible and harder to find).

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Did Safari iCloud Tabs go away with the new systems? That's completely vanished from all devices since updating. I don't know if this a typical Apple quirk or I have change how I sync and access open tabs across devices.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Did Safari iCloud Tabs go away with the new systems? That's completely vanished from all devices since updating. I don't know if this a typical Apple quirk or I have change how I sync and access open tabs across devices.
iCloud Tabs are moved. You now have to create a new tab. All the various top bookmarks, and frequently used, and icloud tabs are in that new tab page.

I've also got a syncing problem -- no iPhone tabs on iMac and iPad and no iPad tabs on iPhone. Thats a recurring problem with iCloud for me. Hopefully that will self-correct tonight.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
iCloud Tabs are moved. You now have to create a new tab. All the various top bookmarks, and frequently used, and icloud tabs are in that new tab page.

I've also got a syncing problem -- no iPhone tabs on iMac and iPad and no iPad tabs on iPhone. Thats a recurring problem with iCloud for me. Hopefully that will self-correct tonight.

I hope so, Dave. My phone is still updating all the apps from the iCloud backup.

Hopefully your phone just needs an overnight updating.

How is the watch restore going?

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I hope so, Dave. My phone is still updating all the apps from the iCloud backup.

Hopefully your phone just needs an overnight updating.

How is the watch restore going?
Thanks. Everything working now.

Watch didn’t have third-party apps installed. I installed my apps. That fixed the missing complications. Then I did some more setup needed to get syncing between iPhone apps and Watch apps and Health apps to get the whole health ecosystem working again.

I think everything on iPhone is configurated and logged in now.

The only quirk I know of now is my iPhone 13 still isn’t syncing with iCloud Tabs. iCloud Tabs has been buggy for me for a couple years. I’ll reboot everything and hopefully that will fix it. Or maybe it will fix itself on its own.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This is a great toggle that I learned about from that article.
9445BA34-A622-455F-8FFB-0285B7E8E14E.jpeg

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I kept mine on. I like the way Safari blends its color with the website.
GIF by Giffffr

It’s sites like HTF that made me turn it off. When it picks a really strong, saturated color, and then that color wildly changes as I change tabs…eesh!!
Hate the safari changes
I like Tab Groups
I like address bar at the bottom (iPhone)
I like Extensions

Hate the tabs UI on iPad. Truly terrible. Tremendous evidence for the prosecution in the ongoing case of “Apple is getting worse at design”.

Hate the damage done to iCloud Tabs: they’re harder to find, harder to use, and still have the longstanding syncing problems. I can work around iCloud tabs with Tab Groups, and I probably will. But Apple turned a two click usability system into a five click button hokey-pokey for me. More evidence for the prosecution…

Don’t like the different UI locations and interfaces for tab groups and new features across different devices. No reason they couldn’t be the same.

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
So I have a an iMac Which I purchased from Best Buy when I lived in Tampa in 2011 Its so old it still has a built in Physical media drive. I am typing this post on it as we speak. I just noticed it running Sierra but that the most up to date Mac os Version is Catalina .. I Went to updates and it says I have none. Am I correct in assuming Apple is No longer supporting my 10 year old Computer? I would hate to have to buy a new I mac. I have never had a problem with this one

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So I have a an iMac Which I purchased from Best Buy when I lived in Tampa in 2011 Its so old it still has a built in Physical media drive. I am typing this post on it as we speak. I just noticed it running Sierra but that the most up to date Mac os Version is Catalina .. I Went to updates and it says I have none. Am I correct in assuming Apple is No longer supporting my 10 year old Computer? I would hate to have to buy a new I mac. I have never had a problem with this one
Actually, the latest version of macOS is Big Sur, soon to be replaced by Monterey. You're currently running the latest and greatest macOS that supports your 2011 iMac. You can't move to a more recent version of the operating system without getting new hardware.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Another very helpful video. I found some settings that I didn't know existed including daily summary of notifications

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is a great toggle that I learned about from that article.
View attachment 113943
I saw that as I roamed around Safari options.

A Safari change I HATE is you used to be able to have the sidebar show whatever you want. I’ve always had it show favorites. Now it takes four steps to get to the favorites, then four more to close the sidebar. That’s just stupid.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
@Ronald Epstein My find my iphone looks nothing like his does and there is no way for me to turn on notify when left behind. He rushes through the menus so fast and starts 4 layers deep it's impossible to follow.

If I leave my wallet in my car or my iPad at home, I get a notification on my watch that the item has been left behind. So, it's working for me fine. The find feature looks similar on my end.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
@Ronald Epstein My find my iphone looks nothing like his does and there is no way for me to turn on notify when left behind. He rushes through the menus so fast and starts 4 layers deep it's impossible to follow.

If I leave my wallet in my car or my iPad at home, I get a notification on my watch that the item has been left behind. So, it's working for me fine. The find feature looks similar on my end.
This was happening this weekend: I leave my iPhone in my car when I go into the park for Saturday exercise. And every ~45 minutes my Watch told me I left my iPhone behind. How do I turn this off?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This was happening this weekend: I leave my iPhone in my car when I go into the park for Saturday exercise. And every ~45 minutes my Watch told me I left my iPhone behind. How do I turn this off?

Go into Find My app -> Click on Device -> Notifications

Had no idea that it would remind you every 45 minutes. I thought it was just a single notification which would be a lot less intrusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fadilale
Recent bookmarks