What's new

iOS 13 (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
iOS 13.1.2 is a buggy mess for me. I don’t recall having such a bad experience with an iOS release at launch, much less at the x.1 state. I really hope 13.2 fixes this. Broken things so far on iPhone and iPad:
  • Keychain (completely nonfunctional)
  • HomeKit (completely nonfunctional)
  • App arrangement (almost completely broken)
  • Email Notification icons (takes minutes to update to current status after reading emails)
I would downgrade back to iOS 12 if I could.

I think 2019 is the year Apple teaches me not to upgrade until at least x.2 for any future os upgrade.

I’m not even thinking of touching Catalina for now.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My iPad has had some funky behavior, but nothing extreme.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Why didn’t she know there were options further down the share sheet? Because she’s using an iPhone 8, which happens to be just the right height to perfectly crop the share sheet. Take a look again at the first screenshot she sent me:
https://tyler.io/perfectly-cropped/

I’ve been bumping into this on my 8+. iOS 13 is obviously designed for the newer, taller iPhones. And consequently (willfully) made worse on older iPhones.

After the “Mountain Lion” approach on iOS 12, I’m finding 2019 and iOS 13 a more frustrating upgrade than I recall in years. It’s just... not awesome. Hopefully 13.2 will fix my specific frustrations. And eventually the UI problems will be fixed with a thousand dollar upgrade.

But the sense that Apple is struggling to produce quality software across three platforms on its self-enforced annual cadence is only growing. And the perception that their brilliance at UX design and implementation is in decline is just reinforced by the seemingly modest updates in iOS 13 but yet has been a buggy mess.

Sigh.

maybe it’s just me. Nearly ten years ago people complained about battery draining bugs for iOS 6 and lamented that Apple was dying and couldn’t do software anymore. Maybe it’s just normal upgrade malaise from early quirks striking me anew.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’ve updated with 13.1.3 which is an official release. They’ve really updated the Health App which includes dropping data. I had all my meds entered there and they are now gone. I cannot see a way to add them. There is a lot of “No Data” in the various categories. The category “Unreadable Data” has a lot of stuff in it. Way to go Apple.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm preparing to do a reset and restore on my iPhone in hopes it will fix the problems it's causing. But I've got travel the next two week so I can't risk a major upheaval yet.

I want to call support, but I haven't had time for that either.

And maybe 13.2 will come out and fix all woes before I get to these steps.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’ve updated with 13.1.3 which is an official release. They’ve really updated the Health App which includes dropping data. I had all my meds entered there and they are now gone. I cannot see a way to add them. There is a lot of “No Data” in the various categories. The category “Unreadable Data” has a lot of stuff in it. Way to go Apple.
The Medications tab is now listed under Health Records and the only way to add to that is to download them from a reputable app on the App Store such as Quest Diagnostics or LabCorp. Of course, the information being available for download depends on whether your physician uses one of those services. Mine doesn’t so there is no data to download and populate the Health Records section.

If you have a Medical ID set up on your iPhone, all your medicines and conditions that you manually entered before should be in there. From either the Summary or Browse tabs, click on the small round icon in the top right and select Medical ID. You can manually add / edit information there. You can also make your medical ID accessible from the lock screen for first responders if you wish.

03E87A18-EC75-4756-9788-AAC9C3083873.jpeg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The Medications tab is now listed under Health Records and the only way to add to that is to download them from a reputable app on the App Store such as Quest Diagnostics or LabCorp. Of course, the information being available for download depends on whether your physician uses one of those services. Mine doesn’t so there is no data to download and populate the Health Records section.

If you have a Medical ID set up on your iPhone, all your medicines and conditions that you manually entered before should be in there. From either the Summary or Browse tabs, click on the small round icon in the top right and select Medical ID. You can manually add / edit information there. You can also make your medical ID accessible from the lock screen for first responders if you wish.

View attachment 64549
Thank you. They just moved stuff around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks