What's new

iOS 13 (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yes, reviews and podcasts note that iOS 13 is buggy. I’m not upgrading until 13.1 at least. I’ll probably wait until macOS Catalina is out. I heard some comments that Reminders is iOS 13 isn’t backwards compatible with macOS.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
For those who've upgraded to iOS 13 on iPhone and/or iPad: Is everything syncing and interacting normally with your macOS devices running Mojave or earlier?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I like to live dangerously, and upgraded my 6S to 13 this afternoon.

I just started a text exchange with a friend who uses android phones. Seems to work as expected. Is the issue said to be intermittent?

Correction: He has a Windows phone.

Glad that is working for you. I am not going to worry about the Instant Message issue as I'll have a new phone in my hands in a few short hours.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Try seeing if you can send a message to someone who does not have an iOS device. I believe it's called SSM.

I can't send a message to anyone who does not have an iPhone. Been a bug since the very first iteration of iOS 13 beta and it seems like they still have not fixed it.

Ron, I tested this last night with two friends who have Android phones. No issues.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That is so odd.

I looked further into this and the only thing I could find via Google search is that if you don't have any profiles installed then PROFILES will not appear in settings.

Yet, you have an installed profile if you are on ios 13.

That is a head-scratcher

Ron, I was finally able to revert to 12.4.1 by putting my iPad in Recovery Mode and using iTunes to push the 12.4.1 IPSW file to it, then I restored content and settings from a backup. The process wasn't without glitches, but I'm good now. What a huge PITA.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron, I tested this last night with two friends who have Android phones. No issues.

Yeah it was probably just my phone.

I am working on the new iPhone 11 Pro Max right now. Couldn't restore my iCloud data because I was on Beta 13.01

So I had to join the beta program on my new Pro, upgrade it to 13.02 and now it is allowing me to restore from the cloud.

Glad you got your iPad downgraded. You would have been on the new operating system anyway as everyone in the beta program got the final version before the public did. It just still stated beta -- but it wasn't.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah it was probably just my phone.

I am working on the new iPhone 11 Pro Max right now. Couldn't restore my iCloud data because I was on Beta 13.01

So I had to join the beta program on my new Pro, upgrade it to 13.02 and now it is allowing me to restore from the cloud.

Glad you got your iPad downgraded. You would have been on the new operating system anyway as everyone in the beta program got the final version before the public did. It just still stated beta -- but it wasn't.

I never got that release. My iPad was stuck on 13.0, which was one of the problems I was facing. Somehow the public beta profile was corrupted on the device.

Congrats on the new phone, even though you had to jump through some hoops to get your data back. Let us know how you like after a few days.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
After talking with a few people who have iOS 13 installed, I went ahead and installed it on my 7+. It works fine. No issues or bugs to report here.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I did update my 6S, and yesterday picked up an 11. I have several Apps that either crash immediately, or work improperly on both phones. These all worked on 12.

Hopefully, either the 13.1 update will help, or the apps them selves will get updated.

In case anyone is interested, two are in the AV category; the Anthem remote app and the Elac Sub Control app both crash or hang immediately.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Anyone know if Reminders in iOS 13 is compatible with Reminders in macOS Mojave? Or, do you have to not accept the new features at install to maintain compatibility with the older devices to not break it working with the desktop until Catalina comes out?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to: Upgrade iPhone and iPad to iOS 13 this Tuesday, or wait until Catalina is out and do everything properly all at once. But Catalina sometime in October, and I don't want to wait *that* long. :)

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My guess is that it is compatible as far as synching information.

Personally, I would wait for the official release of Catalina. I did an upgrade to their beta only 5 weeks ago and had to remove it because there were some bugs I did not like -- one of which was all my program icons disappearing from the dock.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
From what I've read, the new iOS 13 Reminders app requires an iCloud "upgrade" to function properly. Once you go through that process, it will not sync with anything less than macOS Catalina and iPadOS 13.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
iOS 13.1 installed. I downloaded iPad update by desktop in about 30sec thanks to FIOS. :) Unfortunately later when I upgraded iOS for my iPhone, about 7 pm, apples servers must have been slammed because it took the normal 25 minutes to download.
But all updated. I’m using the iPad pop up single thumb keypad in swipe mode as I type in bed. This is life changing:) I feel like I’m just randomly sorting my fingers around and the right words just magically appear. Well almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks