What's new

iOS 13 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Received this email today. As a Beta member on one of my ATV4K units, I advise people not to do so unless having a quirky device doesn't bother them.

Try the new iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS public betas

mail

The iOS 13, iPadOS, macOS Catalina, and tvOS 13 public betas are now available. As a member of the Apple Beta Software Program, you can help shape Apple software by test-driving pre-release versions and letting us know what you think.

Go to the Apple Beta Software Program

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Works great on the iPad. Some bugs on the iPhone but those have been resolved with Beta 5.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm having an issue with my 11" iPad Pro/iPadOS 13 Public Beta. I'm trying to unenroll it in prep for installing the release version of iPadOS 13 this morning, but the beta profile I installed when I enrolled the device isn't showing up. If I go to Settings -> General, there is no "Profiles" item. If I restore the iOS 12.x.x backup I did via iTunes, the iPad is still stuck on iPadOS 13. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Doug,

No need to do that. If you are in the public beta, the final will come up later today for you to download.

I believe the final release will be available after noon PST.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks Ron. So Apple's own instructions are incorrect? I had to install the public beta profile when I enrolled the device, and from my understanding I will continue to receive iPadOS public beta releases in the future if I don't unenroll it:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll

Okay, so you want out of the beta program completely?

I am surprised, then, that you can't unenroll from the program by removing the profile.

I went to my phone -> GENERAL -> PROFILES

The beta profile is there. I can easily uninstall that.

You are saying that you don't have that option?

As a last resort, you can do a reset on your phone and roll back to the original version that came with it. I have done it to mine in the past. If that is what you need to do I will be happy to tell you what I did.

However, I am hoping that the beta profile is actually in there.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This is in an iPad Pro, not an iPhone, so I'm talking about iPadOS 13. And yes, there is no "Profiles" item under Settings -> General. Weird! I want to unenroll the device from the public beta program now to avoid getting public beta releases in the future, until I'm ready to re-enroll and play.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It would be the same thing for iPad.

Under GENERAL, beneath VPN, it says PROFILES

That is where the profile would be. Just checked my iPad Pro.

Mine is at 13.1. I have a feeling I already have the GM (Gold Master) that becomes the final. If you are at 13.1, you may have it too.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That is so odd.

I looked further into this and the only thing I could find via Google search is that if you don't have any profiles installed then PROFILES will not appear in settings.

Yet, you have an installed profile if you are on ios 13.

That is a head-scratcher

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Right? I posted about it in the Apple Support forum, and so far the only replies I've received are pointing me to the instructions Apple provides to remove the profile. People just can't seem to READ these days. :rolleyes:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
And 13.1 too. iOS 13 is notoriously buggy even now. You might consider waiting till next week if stability is a priority.

Try seeing if you can send a message to someone who does not have an iOS device. I believe it's called SSM.

I can't send a message to anyone who does not have an iPhone. Been a bug since the very first iteration of iOS 13 beta and it seems like they still have not fixed it.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Try seeing if you can send a message to someone who does not have an iOS device. I believe it's called SSM.

I can't send a message to anyone who does not have an iPhone. Been a bug since the very first iteration of iOS 13 beta and it seems like they still have not fixed it.

I like to live dangerously, and upgraded my 6S to 13 this afternoon.

I just started a text exchange with a friend who uses android phones. Seems to work as expected. Is the issue said to be intermittent?

Correction: He has a Windows phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks