What's new

ional wireless speakers to AV system (1 Viewer)

brewman63

Auditioning
Real Name
John L
Hi,

I have an Onkyo TX-NR616 system in my game room. It has 3 separate zones. I have zone 1 set up with the typical 5.1 surround system. I have zone 2 powering two outside speakers. I would like to add a couple speakers to the system. One would also be located in the gamer room at the other end where there aren't any speakers. I really can't run speaker wire to the location so I was thinking of adding a wireless speaker that could be connected to zone 3 on the receiver. And since I'm thinking about wireless I'd like to add at least one more upstairs in the living room. I've looked at the Sonos system. I think I can do what I want with this system: zone 3 would go to the Sonos Connect input. Then I could put the Play:1 at the other end of the game room and the Play:3 upstairs. This way my wireless speakers would also play what was outputted to zone 1 and 2. I could also connect the output of the Connect to an input on the receiver so I could use it to "power" all speakers.

Has anyone used the Sonos systems? Does this seem like it would work?

Is this overkill to just add a couple wireless speakers to my system? Is there another option? My receiver is connected to my Wi-Fi so I can use it for music streaming.

With the wireless speaker being in relative close proximity to the wired speakers, is there a noticeable delay between the two?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks