Inwall Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Samuel Sonn, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Samuel Sonn

Samuel Sonn Auditioning

I was wondering, does anyone have any recommendations for some good sounding inwall (ceiling) speakers? I'm building a new house and would like to put some speakers in the living room while I have a home theater room separate. I already have a receiver that does multiple zones so I will use that in conjunction with an amp. Anyone?

Thanks,

Sam

2. Tim Ranger

Tim Ranger Stunt Coordinator

I'm not a big fan of inwalls for a lot of reasons. Yet I know that sometimes it is what people need for room reasons. The best I've ever heard are the various Triads, but they are pretty expensive. For good, inexpensive ones I'd check out ACI. They have a variety of models including one that has a back chamber which I'd think would help quite a bit.

3. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

Also Polk Audio and Paradigm. I'd strongly recommend in-wall installation vs. in-ceiling for better imaging.

4. MichaelBarletta

I use the Sonance 622t in wall's for my H/T. It's also offered in a round ceiling model. Go with this or above depending on your budget. www.sonance.com Very high quality speakers etc . . . Hope this helps, Mike.