What's new

Invisble Man - 1975 TV series (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Hi all,
I have just received my copy of the invisible man and have started watching the series as i was very young when it first came out.The quality is very good and David McCallum as the lead actor is also well done. I do like Jackie Cooper as his boss, because it was a few years later when he played the newspaper editor in superman.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
I have received two notices from Amazon informing me that the release date for the Blu Ray has been delayed. It's now coming the 1st week in June.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Anyone had any playback issues, specifically with the pilot episode?
On another forum a member is saying he had the same issue on two different copies of the Canadian release and that Amazon.ca have said there is a widespread problem.
I would be very surprised indeed if the US uses different discs - normally the only material difference is that Canadian editions may have bilingual releases, to cater for the awkward squad in Quebec

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I'm still waiting on my copy - now, reading Richard's post, I'm a bit nervous regarding quality.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
There is definitely a problem with the Canadian set. It is in the Pilot about 50 minutes in. A character asks for some gloves and the error happens just as another is going to speak.
Two different people with different players report identical problems, one has had a replacement set which is the same. The player will throw up a mass of pixels and grind furiously as it attempts re-reads, some players cope better than others and continue, the rest may spit the discs out or lock up.
It sound slike a bad master disc used to stamp out the copies. We can but hope that the US edition uses a different master.
Usually, US and Canadian releases are the same, except for ni-lingual packaging. However, the title is released by Vivendi in CA and First Look in the US, with different release dates and boxart...so there is hope.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Nebiroth said:
There is definitely a problem with the Canadian set. It is in the Pilot about 50 minutes in. A character asks for some gloves and the error happens just as another is going to speak.
Two different people with different players report identical problems, one has had a replacement set which is the same. The player will throw up a mass of pixels and grind furiously as it attempts re-reads, some players cope better than others and continue, the rest may spit the discs out or lock up.
It sound slike a bad master disc used to stamp out the copies. We can but hope that the US edition uses a different master.
Usually, US and Canadian releases are the same, except for ni-lingual packaging. However, the title is released by Vivendi in CA and First Look in the US, with different release dates and boxart...so there is hope.
Thanks for the posting!
I ended up purchasing the set from Amazon.com as the set never showed up until late. I have only watched a few episodes as i had other sets come within the past few weeks, like Vega$ or Logan's Run or Fantasy Island that i had more interest in watching.
The quality from the episodes that i seen was very good. The pilot movie was neat seeing how he became the invisible man and the following episodes with him becoming a spy as he could go into place without being seen. It was ashamed the series only last for about 13 episodes.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
If you get a moment, please check out the Pilot episode at the point I mentioned - this will be very helpful as it will show whether the US set uses the same master as the Canadian ones. If it does, the glitch will be there; if not, the US set will be the one to buy as it will not have the bug.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Nebiroth said:
If you get a moment, please check out the Pilot episode at the point I mentioned - this will be very helpful as it will show whether the US set uses the same master as the Canadian ones. If it does, the glitch will be there; if not, the US set will be the one to buy as it will not have the bug.
it would be helpful if you could tell when the aforementioned problem occurs and i will check my set.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Errr...I did, in post #6! :D
Anyway; the fault is in the Pilot, at approximately the 50 minute mark. A character asks for some gloves, the fault happens just after this when another character is about to speak.
It is bad enough to be noticed if you have played the Pilot all the way through with no skipping, unless your attention is elsewhere at that point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks