What's new

Invest in a HD receiver or wait for Comcast? (1 Viewer)

Alex_C

Stunt Coordinator
Until about a month ago I had Comcast/AT&T. The channel selection was terrible and it cost $53 a month. So, I switched to DirectTV. I'm wondering if I should invest the money in an HD receiver when Comcast is coming out with Digital cable in 6 months.

Any one know if the channel line up will change or have any other thoughts?

Thanks

TrevorST

Stunt Coordinator
I just switched from DirecTV to Comcast in the Seattle area. my reasons for doing this were many but the main issue was that I was tired of spending money on equipment and the DirecTV charging me an additional $5 a month just to have it. I bought a HD unit a couple of years ago and have not used it as such for the last 18 months. Why.. Because of the programs I watch are not on HD channels and it was a pain in the neck to have to reset all the time. The new Motorola 5100 that Comcast is now providing ($5 a month same as DirecTV but they supply the equipment)allows you to overide you HD settings when a non HD program is selected. There is no DirecTV boxes that do this at the current time. Are there some things I miss, sure. The guides are no where near as good on Comcast and I do miss the record feature from the guide on my STB.

One of the other reasons I moved to cable is their potential to carry a lot more HD programming than Satelite in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks