Inventors..

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Mar 14, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I have a great idea that would fit in perfectly with the travel agenda of the airlines, but I have no idea how I would impliment it. I'm thinking of pitching it to Jet Blue.

Is there a site for inventors on how to protect and pitch their idea? This idea wouldn't involve the method of inventing something new, but a new idea for existing equipment..

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    does it have to be a website? i bet you could find a lot of information in your local library.

CJ

3. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

I would book an hour with a patent attorney. It will probably be $75-$100 but should be well worth it. Simply filing for a patent (assuming it's a patentable process or product) would protect you if they tried to steal your idea.

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

If it's "Hamburger Ear Muffs", I've already got the patent!!! [​IMG]

5. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    Do not discuss your invention in public, or you will waive your foreign patent rights. Only discuss your invention with those who have a duty to keep such information confidential: an attorney, an investor who has signed a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), and the like.

Try poking around at the US PTO website...click my homepage icon.

A good book to read is the NOLO press book "Patent it yourself" by a guy named Pressman. www.nolo.com

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last time I wrote a bill it was for over $300 an hour...patent attorneys are among the most highly-paid attorneys on average. But you might get some free consultation from somebody. Be advised that most patent attorneys are reticent to deal with "small time inventors" as it may cause a conflict of interest that would prevent them from booking a lucrative corporate client.

6. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer