What's new

Invasion ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
OK, but that still doesn't explain how she could have stopped breathing recently enough for mouth-to-mouth to work, right?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

I was yelling at the TV about this. :)
I couldn't believe they did that.

Overall, it was interesting and I'd like to see where they are going with this. Are they really going the Body Snatchers route or what? At the moment the show doesn't have any competition on my VCRs, so I'll keep on seeing it for a while.

Neil

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
It was okay, but there was nothing to really hold my attention. I got the feeling the network execs were only excited because they could say, "Yeah, we'll combine this with 'Lost' and make it Weird Wednesday or something!"

Also, I really couldn't shake the image of the girl who played William Fichtner's daughter as Lolita from "Broken Flowers". If any of you have seen that movie, you'll know the scene that makes it especially creepy that she's playing a 14-year old.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, the only problem I really had was when the the reporter was done with her live shot she got to go home. Um, with a hurricane coming? I don't think so. I work in the TV news biz... They must have a real good union at that station.

Ric

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
I suppose a little girl could be that oblivious/stupid, but we're supposed to be all warm and fuzzy for the main character/doctor's ex and yet he insisted that...
a) The mother of his child go out into a hurricane.

b) The mother of his child not stay and help find their daughter!??!!

I don't usually make snap decisions, so I'll give it one more week. I think it's only going to get so far with the lead in from Lost.

I missed Threshhold and Supernatural, but I really liked Surface. It had elements of The Abyss but it didn't go too far in that direction. I think it had a more theatrical feel whereas Invasion felt more like TV. Also, the characters didn't seem to suffer from "It's the pilot episode." syndrome. That never really washed with me anyway because the vast majority of the time for big budget network shows the pilot isn't actually shot until 3 or 4 episodes in to give the cast and crew time to gel.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Jesse, Thats why she looked familiar. And I was creeped out from that scene in the movie. I read she is like 20 years old.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member

Maybe he'll teach the little girl how to rock. :D

I don't know anything about 'Broken Flowers' and that girl was freaking me out.

The dark headed father must be the most paraniod guy in the world, picking up on all these little bits.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I liked it, as I do almost all sci-fi stuff. I don't know if it is going to be able to keep my interest, though. If it goes the "Lost" route, I'll be changing channels faster than a speeding bullet. (sorry!)

As for the woman, as soon as I saw her I knew that she wasn't dead, but just needed someone to bring her 'back' to life. Sort of like in a suspended state. We'll know for sure about that if more people are rescued days later in the same way. The director shouldn't have put her on the water.

Glenn

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
To be honest, I think I saw most of what I needed to know from the promos for the show. There was really nothing more than what was shown.

Doctor Mom creeped me out from the beginning. She comes off as a Stepford Wife, except she actually has a career.

Ex-hubby's reaction doesn't make much sense. You'd think a park ranger would have better sense.

The Sheriff creeps me out too.

This is a poor starter. There isn't anything here that really hooks me in, or wants me to give a damn about any of the characters. I don't think I'll be watching this next week.

Jason

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Why it freaked us out in Broken Flowers....

In the movie. She plays the 14-16 year old daughter of an ex-girlfriend of Bill Murray's character. In the movie he comes to see the girl-friend for the first time in almost 20 years. She isn't home. But, the daughter invites him in. He sits in the living room and she goes out and when she comes back in to the room. She is buck naked. It freaks you out because you have the uneasy feeling seeing a naked girl who is supposed to be so young.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The sheriff's daughter was also on "Joan of Arcadia" as the one whom Adam had a thing for. Holy Schnikes, she's 21!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
But the way they did it makes no sense. It's as if creepy sheriff actually did breathe life back into her -- or "activated" her. When people are thinking more clearly later, it will be suspicious.

They could have just found her breathing but unconscious.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought it was pretty good though all these new Sci Fi shows have an ongoing mystery that you have to wait until the show ends in a few years (if they are lucky) to find out most of the answers. Much better than Surface and a bit more mystery than Threshold. I thought it was even better than all season of 4400.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

I agree; he is a bit too suspicious. It seems he is right to be this way, but there is no way he could know that at this point.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor

That's because hurricanes are kind of a sore subject around here. ;)

I enjoyed it and look forward to the seeing the second episode.

Peace,

DM

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My copy of the Invasion pilot ended with the sheriff and his wife returning to the spot where she was found. Did it cut off early? How much was left beyond that if so?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was about it, they kiss, and then it cuts to a wide shot of them from the pond's point of view.

I think this show is pretty "tedious" and the pacing is just a little too slow for me, and I end up doing other things while it's on in the background.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I didnt think the pacing in the 2nd episode was slow at all. Enjoyed this one more then the premiere

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks