Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1956 OOP?

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I saw this title cheap a few months back and now it appears no one has it for sale when I am ready to buy. Has it gone OOP or getting a new release? I am surprised this Sci-Fi classic is not available.

Eric

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
You may be correct, it's starting at $35.00...used at Amazon.
Have you checked ebay?
The next version of this story is called The Visiting and will come out in 2007.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I grabbed a copy on eBay while I could even if I paid twice what I could have a few months back. It may end up like "This Island Earth" which went OOP on Image and was years before Universal released their copy recently. I'm not taking a chance that Lion's Gate will release it and I have not been happy with the quality (nor non OAR) of their old and Artisan title releases.

Eric

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
This was one of the first DVDs I ever bought, way back in '98. I'm happy to report that it's still in my collection.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
i think this was one of the titles that fell back to paramount briefly before the enite republic cataglot except its a wonderful life went back to lionsgate/artisan. I doubt it will be out of print long, as I have seen some of these titles pop up in the bargain bins

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I don't know about the titles ending up in bargain bins. I noticed that Lion's Gate is re-releasing titles that were Hallmark and/or Artisan and slapping higher prices on them! In fact, I saw on one site that they have re-released the TV movie mini-series title "10.5" at $28.98 when Artisan released it in 2004 was $14.98.

Eric

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druiz23