What's new

Invaders from Mars (1986) (Scream Factory) (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Invaders remake is a special film for me. You see some films when you're young and they kinda stay with you. Even if they're not that "great" when you're older.So great news.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
FoxyMulder said:
I remember reading that Needful Things was cut up badly by the studio, don't recall The Dark Half being butchered.
Indeed it was. I did see a 4-hour (w/commercials) extended version which was a big improvement. Doubt we'll ever see it on BD.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
FoxyMulder said:
I remember reading that Needful Things was cut up badly by the studio, don't recall The Dark Half being butchered.
True, I had the screenplay for THE DARK HALF and the final film is very close to it. What apparently DID happen was, Orion went bankrupt while THE DARK HALF was in post-production and that hampered the finishing phase of the film because money suddenly was extremely tight, and then the film got locked away for something like 2 years due to the bankruptcy before it was finally given a token theatrical release.

Vincent

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Will any of these be Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs? My brother is the one with a Blu-Ray player, so I'd give him the Blu-Ray and keep the DVD for myself. I probably should've asked for a Blu-Ray drive on my computer when I purchased it two years ago.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I could get an external Blu-Ray drive if they have them.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
TravisR said:
Wasn't The Dark Half cut up pretty extensively before its release? Hopefully the deleted scenes will be on there.

Yes, it was, by more than just a few minutes. I'm afraid the only way I'll buy this is if Shout somehow gains access to the longer version, which doesn't seem likely. Even with a film as relatively recent as this one there's still little hope that any cut footage was saved. The film itself is, well, not that good to begin with IMO, so it's a very low priority for me. INVADERS FROM MARS '86 is a guilty pleasure so that's a guaranteed purchase. There's supposed to be a fancy overseas release coming in September so I might just grab that one if it gets good reviews.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
cineMANIAC said:
Yes, it was, by more than just a few minutes. I'm afraid the only way I'll buy this is if Shout somehow gains access to the longer version, which doesn't seem likely. Even with a film as relatively recent as this one there's still little hope that any cut footage was saved. The film itself is, well, not that good to begin with IMO, so it's a very low priority for me. INVADERS FROM MARS '86 is a guilty pleasure so that's a guaranteed purchase. There's supposed to be a fancy overseas release coming in September so I might just grab that one if it gets good reviews.
The Dark Half was not cut up extensively and actually it is a very good film, maybe you are thinking of Needful Things.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scream Factory announced some dates on these titles on their Facebook page: Dolls comes out on November 11, The Dark Half & Needful Things on November 18 and New Year's Evil will be out in early 2015. The previously announced Lord Of Illusions is coming in December.

Richard Stammer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard
Wade Williams. What can I say? He's right up there with whatever low-level moron at MGM is holding The Alamo hostage. To spite us, Williams will probably burn the surviving Invaders elements before he dies. Oh yeah, other good company is Dave Clark from The Dave Clark Five - refusing to release good transfers of his songs. These people are Just Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks