What's new

Invader Zim, Am I the only one that loves this Nick Toon. (1 Viewer)

David Stucky

Auditioning
I just recently got hooked on Invader Zim.
It does not apear a highly watched cartoon on Nick, but I feel it is the funniest cartoon I have seen in years.
Looks too me the themes of this cartoon are more teenage/young adult oriented than for young kids. I love this toon and am thinking that i might actually buy it if it was avaible in full season box sets. I think there are only like 12 episodes or so.
I love his side kick robot "Gir"
Thanks...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have watched a few minutes and it didn't grab my attention, but some classmates of mine (I'm in High School, my friends are Seniors, I'm a Sophomore) are more than hooked on it.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Heh, I posted this same topic here and got no response.
I think Invader Zim is brilliant. POVs are combined in fascinating ways. For instance, in "Parent Teacher Conference," the lab explosion was seen and heard in the monitor as well as in the distant background through the windows, all while the horror on the faces of the people watching the monitor was front and center.
And "Nano-Zim" was particularly effective when views on the nanobot's console were combined with the exterior views, particularly when the nanobot was being swallowed.
And the technology that Zim uses, while still cartoonish, is unsettlingly creepy and unEarthly in its design.
The soundtrack is always haunting and never lets up.
Very cool stuff. I wish I had an imagination like that.
---------------
I EAT FOOD.
[Edited last by BrianW on November 03, 2001 at 11:36 AM]

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I think Invader Zim is one of the funniest shows on television.

Just the sheer lunacy of the show never seems to bore me. Absolutely hysterical.

I have the majority of the episodes on tape. Wish they were on DVD though...

I wish Nickelodeion would release them...it is as Pustulio wishes...

Oh yeah, and I want a GIR unit of my own.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Count me in on Invader Zim. i love the artwork and through satellite and using Logic 7 with stereo surrounds the pans on this baby is really great.

David Paymer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Paymer
'nother Invader Zim fan here. Felt like I was the only one who enjoyed this somewhat subversive and wickedly funny gem. I'd also buy the set if it ever hit DVD.:emoji_thumbsup:

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
If you like zim, try thecomic book Johnny The Homicidal Maniac by the same creator.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Yup. Jhonen Vasquez does some hilarious stuff. I'm amazed that Nickelodeon let him get away with as much as he did on Zim. Easily my favorite cartoon of the past few years. I wish the Cartoon Network would pick it up since Nickelodeon is apparently going to cancel it.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Actually, apparently Zim has gone back into production at Nickelodeion when, looking at the profits made from Zim merchandise at Hot Topic. So, we will get more Zim soon.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Heh, over a year since the last post to this thread.

RIIIISE!

I got hooked on Invader Zim and have now viewed all 38 episodes (including Walk for Your Lives and Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars).

What a brilliant little show...too bad it's been snuffed out. Any word on when the remaining few episodes will be aired on Nick?

"Shut your noise-tube, Taco Human!"

- Zim (Invasion of the Idiot Dog Brain)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
ZIM SUCKS. OK, so my sig gives me away. I'm a huge fan. Luckily our local digital cable system offers the Nicktoons channel which shows Zim like everyday.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I love this show! In fact, I didn't even know about it until a few months ago when I downloaded an episode (by mistake), and viewed it out of interest. Hooked instantly!

Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks