What's new

Introducing The Stoakley Home Theatre (1 Viewer)

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Howdy all,

Well, after much procrastination and a total complete lack of focus, I've finally posted pictures in the Members Gallery (I can't post the URL yet, but it's there).

I've been lurking here for two years collecting as much information as I possibly could and I'm sure I've 'stolen' a few ideas along the way. Thanks to everyone for sharing their ideas and suggestions to the group along the way.

The project took about 13 months to complete as I did it when I had the funds. I added a new Dri-Core sub-floor plus 8" riser, new lights, trim and crown moulding and a custom built rack-mount. A great experience and great time to hang out with friends and enjoy a beer or two along the way :)

Looking forward to all your comments and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Cheers,
Andrew Stoakley

PS: if anyone could post the URL for my gallery here, that would be great!!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Andrew,

You can put the link in your “Profile” under “Homepage” and it will create an icon in the box at the top of your posts.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Thanks guys,

Wayne, thanks for the info, I've already added the link now. Thanks for the early link Ron, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew

John S

Senior HTF Member
I love it. The audio rack is perfect, not in the line of view to the display, yet still way convienient and very attractive too. Actually adds to the room decor.
Those look like some comfy seats too, I might add.

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Hey John,

Thanks for the comments. The rack was a great project, however I've sworn never to use laminate banding and a hot iron EVER again :) I knocked a hole in the wall into a closet that exists under the stairs leading down to the theatre. It's a great size as it's 36" wide and almost 7 feet long. Lots of space to get in there to change cables, good ventalation and it also doubles as my DVD/LD/VHS collections.

When I was planning the project I really wanted the rack to be seen, but not in your face if you get my drift. I looked at getting a Crestron unit with RF capabilities, but I was happy to find the MX-700 with the RF unit for about $400 Cdn as opposed to $3000 Cdn :emoji_thumbsup:

The couches are very comfy. For anyone who's interested I got them at The Chesterfield Shop (Mississauga) for about $1100 Cdn each tax included. They are made by Palliser, but I can't remember the model.

Cheers,
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks