What's new

Introducing Samsung TV Upgrade: Get a new TV every two years (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
During the last 18 years.....

We have had 480i TV, 480P TV, 1080i TV, 720P TV, 1080P TV, 1080P 3D TV, 4K TV, 4K 3D TV, 4K HDR TV, and soon to have 8K TV.
Light outputs have changed from 12-30 fL to more than 350 fL. Color spaces have increased and so has bit depth.

Along the lines of a well quoted projector saying...date your projector, marry your screen.

FWIW,

Gregg

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
During the last 18 years.....

We have had 480i TV, 480P TV, 1080i TV, 720P TV, 1080P TV, 1080P 3D TV, 4K TV, 4K 3D TV, 4K HDR TV, and soon to have 8K TV.
Light outputs have changed from 12-30 fL to more than 350 fL. Color spaces have increased and so has bit depth.

Along the lines of a well quoted projector saying...date your projector, marry your screen.

FWIW,

Gregg
Gregg,

Probably slightly OT, but it's time I got your feedback on screens you are currently liking for 4K HDR front projection. Anything that you're using these days? I'm due for an upgrade.

Jbug

Agent
Real Name
June
As a person who in the past has had all my sets professionally calibrated, it would not be feasible for me to go that route. An extra $500 to the cost of each new TV. Plus no 3D no sale.

tns49

Agent
Real Name
Timothy
Every Two years! Ridiculous planned obsolescence. Much too frequent. Only good thing at this time is that TV's are about to go through a big switch over as ATSC 3.0 will be doing its roll out.

Matt Lopp

Agent
If you always want the latest and greatest, the upgrade program could be great.

Personally, I often try to get the best I can afford and hold onto it for a long time, so I likely will not consider it.

Anecdotal case in point: I got an OLED tv in the past year only because I wanted to put a tv in the bedroom. At the store, after telling the salesman I was looking at OLED, I also mentioned I hadn’t bought a tv in 12 years. He then asked whether I had a Pioneer plasma. He was correct. I guess I wasn’t the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks