What's new

Introducing.... Home Theater United: The Home Theater Forum Podcast! This one goes to 11! (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Sam Posten
Big news today!

We've rebranded! We are now Home Theater United: The Home Theater Forum Podcast
We have a new Home! https://www.hometheaterunited.com/
We will be doing a LOT more shows, as often as every two weeks!
We intend to have a LOT more guests, including reviewers, moderators, members and owners from HTF and from vendors, industry insiders and people in front of and behind the cameras when we can get em.
We've changed the underlying tech and will be doing more episodes, and we will still have a lot of full bore Special Edition episodes that Brian will edit like mad to make us sound even better!

Want to hear all the details? Here's a sneak peek at episode 11. Wait... 11, not 1? Remember we are still the HTF Podcast and will be for as long as the owners continue to support our being here. They are fully on board with this and they RULE.

A new RSS feed will be up soon, and it will have all our old episodes intact. We'll be on Apple, Spotify and more VERY soon. You can listen to them all by going to the home page now!

Last edited:

Cameron Yee

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm about 2/3rd of the way through.

The only frustration I have is I want to treat it like a live show and chime in with my responses, but here they are asynchronously :D

It's Fox Blu-rays that have the even more barebones menu interface. Not sure if that will change with the Disney acquistion.

I get what Brian is saying about Knives Out, though I probably enjoyed it more than him. I was entertained by Craig playing Southern, but see Brian's point about this being "a movie in which actors acted." One of my friends responds to these kinds of movies as "Yep, it was a movie."

I also see Brian's point about Rian Johnson. His comment about him just trying to be clever traces as far back to Brick, which I thought was clever for cleverness sake. So my expectations for The Rise of Skywalker were low, and I wound up enjoying it more than I expected.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
I get what Brian is saying about Knives Out, though I probably enjoyed it more than him. I was entertained by Craig playing Southern, but see Brian's point about this being "a movie in which actors acted." One of my friends responds to these kinds of movies as "Yep, it was a movie."

I also see Brian's point about Rian Johnson. His comment about him just trying to be clever traces as far back to Brick, which I thought was clever for cleverness sake. So my expectations for The Rise of Skywalker were low, and I wound up enjoying it more than I expected.
Yes, exactly!

Cameron Yee

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I also haven't seen Solo yet.

I've liked JJ Abrams TV (Lost and Alias) work, but his feature films have been hit and miss for me. Super 8 was sort of the low point for me, like the epitome of self-fan service around 80s Spielberg.

Rubik's Cube the movie. ROTFL

Sam needs to trademark beta-ge. Or is it Bay-ta-ge?

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Glasses-free 3D. I need to see this with my own eyes.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Sam Posten
I’m more of a JJ-tege myself :)
446868A4-E285-45A4-9029-9D070C5CF847.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members