What's new

Into The Woods (Stephen Sondheim) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Charles Smith said:
He'd be referring to the Lincoln Center revival from 2009/2010 or thereabouts.
Yes the one with Kelli O'Hara, who will appear in 2015, in a revival of "the King and I " which I am sure we will also want to see on video but hopefully will get a chance to see in person.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
MatthewA said:
So THAT'S where "Air-Otica" in All That Jazz came from. :D
The source of "Air-Otica" was from PIPPIN...which has a graphic and amazing orgy scene. It was in the original ( which caused Fosse problems with the producers) and in the revival which just closed on Broadway.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
Watched the BD tonight. I thought it looked fine, considering it's from a non-HD source. The sound wasn't bad, either, although it was obviously mono. Has anyone received a response from the email address Mike referenced earlier in the thread? I haven't.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Aaron Silverman said:
There was also a full production of Camelot with Gabriel Byrne around the same time. Not sure if that was ever released either.

Don't think so, but it was another scenery-free version, like we get these days.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
I haven't gotten a response to three different inquiries I made to Image Entertainmet, so still no word on the replacement discs.

But...Amazon has a pre-order page (see link below) for the "Stereo Remastered" Blu-ray of "Into the Woods", with a street date of Feb. 10th. Unfortunately, there's no label indication of the remastering on the front cover art, but I saw it listed as such on another website -- and I did discover that the "Stereo Remastered" version has a new UPC: 0014381002539.

http://www.amazon.com/INTO-WOODS-Blu-ray-Bernadette-Peters/dp/B00RUT3BVO/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1422790674&sr=1-3

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I just went there to order it, but they only show the original release date (Dec 2) and there's no note about it having been remastered, reissued, corrected, etc.

But I will trust y'all and pull the trigger and hope for the best! :)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
YIKES!

That one doesn't even come up in my search. What the hell?

THANK YOU! :)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Has anyone heard anything about a replacement program for those of us who purchased the December release?

I know a few people attempted to contact the company, but I never saw anyone mentioning a response

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Steve Tannehill said:
I have the new disc fom Amazon. I6 is indeed stereo.

Just another example of Steve...helping out.

So what are we going to do here? I still have my original purchase (mono) sitting unwrapped. As soon as I heard there was a problem, I figured why open it?

Think we should all reach out to Image again? Has anyone read/heard anything on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks