What's new

Into The Archives - Robert Harris (1 Viewer)

Into The Archives

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jayson
Here is a new podcast I’m producing on interviewing my colleagues in film preservation and restoration ---on our new episode I speak with Robert A. Harris. In part 1 (of 2) Robert will chat about his early years, involvement on Abel Gance’s NAPOLEON, the restoration and reconstruction of David Lean’s masterpiece LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and Stanley Kubrick’s 1960 historical epic SPARTACUS. Part 2 will post next week!

Please listen on demand at Podomatic or iTunes!

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/intothearchives/episodes/2017-10-05T21_36_14-07_00

www.intothearchivesshow.com

! Bob harris copy.jpg

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Pausing for the Pod, this weekend.
I plan to marinate myself within all of the interviews thus far.
Thank you so much for bringing these interviews to our HTF attentions;
and for the gift of making them link accessable, as well.

Last edited:

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
*snaps fingers repeatedly* That guy sure looks familiar...

Look forward to giving this a listen on my electric "I" telephone machine.

Reactions: PMF

Into The Archives

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jayson
Thank you so much for bringing these interviews to our HTF attentions;
and for the gift of making them link accessable, as well.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy these shows! We have many more episodes lined up over the next few months (with at least 2 shows every month) so I will update when those are posting.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I listened to Part 1 of the interview with Mr. Harris. I really enjoyed the interview; Mr. Harris has done a remarkable job in restoring and preserving some keynote films, to me he is a genuine icon for the work he has done and hopefully will continue to do well into the future.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
The second part of the interview was as interestering as the first. Thanks to the comments of Mr. Harris I now have a much greater appreciation and knowledge of film restoration and preservation. My already high opinion of Mr. Harris and the work that he and his team carry out has only increased thanks to the two excellent interviews.
The “Into The Archives” series is proving fascinating after only four episodes and Jayson Wall and his team are to be congratulated for the caliber of the podcasts.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
What a great series! Just listened to the first, which is absolutely as wonderful as you want any interview to be. I hate to say I must call it an early evening, but I have a cold and call it I must. Back to these tomorrow!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Just finished bingeing the first 4 episodes. You’d think that all the Bob Furmanek/RAH stories would be common knowledge around these parts, but you’d be wrong. The two-parter with RAH does cover some familiar territory, but there’s so much more. Looking forward to future episodes.

Does anyone know if Grover Crisp or Shawn Belston might be making an appearance?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Finished listening to the first four yesterday. I really enjoyed it and look forward to future episodes!

Into The Archives

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jayson
Retired Vice President of Preservation & Restoration of Universal Studios, BOB O'NEIL is our guest for Episode 5 of INTO THE ARCHIVES. Bob will discuss his 50- year career touching on his days at Screen Gems Television, the restoration and reconstruction of the 1958 Orson Wells masterpiece TOUCH OF EVIL, and the 2008 Universal Studios vault fire.

Please listen on demand at Podomatic or iTunes!

www.podomatic.com/podcasts/intothearchives/episodes/2017-11-05T20_20_00-08_00

www.intothearchivesshow.com

2mdf38m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks