Intimate Portrait: GOLDEN GIRLS

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Andrew Budgell, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    This was a pleasent suprise:

Intimate Portrait - The Golden Girls: Lifetime Intimate Portrait Series
    Posted by Gord Lacey
    8/10/2005

You know them as The Golden Girls: Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia. Now meet Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan and Estelle Getty, the women behind the roles whose real lives are as funny, eventful and involving as anything on the screen. This 4-part DVD contains a separate Lifetime Intimate Portrait for each star. Featuring narration by Valerie Harper, John Ritter and Alex Trebek and guest appearances by Angela Lansbury, Harvey Fierstein, Norman Lear, Mary Tyler Moore, Edward Asner, Rosie O'Donnell and more favorites, these fascinating portraits reveal each woman's background, rise to stardom, private life and deepest personal concerns. Join the girls for 24-karat entertainment!
    Just in time for the third season of Golden Girls, Warner Bros has announced plans to release a disc containing Intimate Portrait episodes of all four women. We don't have a lot of information for the title; it'll be released on November 15 for $14.98. We'll post more details when we get them.

2. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

I hate to threadcrap (I love the Golden Girls), but why not just add these in as special features on the seasons (like one season has Bea, another with Rue, etc...) instead?

3. TimTV

TimTV Extra

I think it's because this is a Warner Bros. series, and TGG is Buena Vista.

4. Alan_H

Alan_H Stunt Coordinator

Not a threadcrap... a perfectly valid question.

Andrew, thanks for posting this... I'll definitely be picking this one up in November [​IMG]