What's new

Interview with the Vampire (10/7), Poltergiest (10/14) (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Very cool.
Glad I held off on the Poltergeist SE dvd last year.

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Now if only we could get some real extras...

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Interview with a Vampire is very much in need of an upgrade. The original DVD was released over 8 years ago (June 6, 2000).

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

Me too.

But I doubt real extras will ever come, because I'm sure the legal department will eviscerate them.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Indeed! Didn´t get the SD DVD, so great news! I´ll be also getting "Interview with the Vampire". Kinda liked it.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm still pissed about the special features debacle with Poltergeist. The film is too important and has too much history for it not to be talked about, even if some of the truth is ugly. But I will get it on BD. Let's just hope they don't blow it by not providing lossless audio.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Great! I nearly upgraded Poltergeist over the weekend to the most recent one since it was only about 8 bucks. A BD will be much MUCH better. A definite future purchase and I CAN'T WAIT!

I pulled Interview out of the bargain bin months ago. It's still wrapped. Was saving it for October. But I'll definitely upgrade it too.

Both these are beyond worthy of better media. Very exciting!

The original Poltergeist DVD is one of the great disappointments in my DVD buying history. The opening credits look terrible.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I feel your pain. I was also super-pissed, that they didn´t even include one featurette ("They Are Here" was just some lame "real life"-doc) or something like that... I guess the truth is "that ugly" after all.. Shame.

Rolando

Screenwriter
How could someone get there hands on the E! THS on Poltergeist? Is it out on video? YouTube? anyone having a recording? wher can I buy/rent?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I saw that doc. which was why I was so surprised that there wasn't anything of value on that DVD. Plenty of people associated with the film were willing to talk then.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Having seen it, I have a hard time trusting that E! True Hollywood Story as a serious look at the movie. I think they wanted to talk about 'the Poltergeist curse' more than anything else. Unless Tobe Hooper comes out and says that Spielberg made the movie, I doubt any documentary will change anyone's mind about who directed what in the movie. Personally, I think Steven Speilberg directed the big effects scenes in the movie but Tobe Hooper directed the bulk of it.

I'm surprised that no one has posted a You Tube link to an EPK featurette and says that because it focuses on Speilberg that that's proof that he directed the entire movie. Of course, they completely disregard that Speilberg was probably the most famous director on the planet and Tobe Hooper was the guy who directed low budget horror movies so the EPK would feature Speilberg much more than Hooper. Another bit of 'proof' that I like is that there's a picture or footage of Speilberg wearing a hat that says "Producer/Director" so that proves he directed it. However, that disregards that it had to be a secret that he was directing the movie but he apparently had a hat made so everyone could know the secret.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that is a 7 minute making of poltergeist

here is another.
at about 50 seconds it changes from the first video above to what appears to be TCM footage.

then about 65 seconds in the double hat is there on Speilberg, really hard to see what it says.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Well I don't know the whole story but what would you call what he seems to be doing on the set. I am no expert but he does seem to be "directing" the crew...

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I've read a few different stories about who really directed Poltergeist but I do know the film itself is completely unlike anything Hooper has made before and since. If there were no credits and I had to guess just from the vide of the film I'd say it was a film directed by Spielberg.

Anyway I'll be picking up both Poltergeist and Vampire. :cool:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure that Speilberg directed scenes in the movie and had a strong creative hand in the entire movie but that doesn't mean that he directed the whole thing. Like I said before, who are they going to focus on in the EPK footage- the guy who directed Jaws, Close Encounters and Raiders Of The Lost Ark or the guy who directed The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Eaten Alive and The Funhouse?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks