What's new

Interview with Futurama's Billy West (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Phil Harris recently did an interview with Billy West. He talks a lot about the future of Futurama, which will be returning to TV and in direct-to-DVD movies next year. (The first movie, "Bender's Big Score", has already been recorded.) He also discusses the trend of celebreties being cast in cartoons instead of real voice actors (i.e., guys that can do other voices besides their own).

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
That was very entertaining. It's just amazing how easily he can go between all those voices.

Long wait to 2008 for the return of Futurama.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I thought this interview was good, but my heart sort of breaks for Billy West, and a lot of voice-over actors by association (The Jess Harnells and Tom Kennys, The Tara Strongs and April Winchells). I really think that animated movies would be improved if they relied on actual voice-over actors instead of celebrities. Pretty much every animated movie tanked this past Summer, with the exception of "Cars", and even that didn't perform up to Pixar standards. I'd take Billy West over Billy Crystal any day.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

And if she ever gets back into it, I'll be there for Sherri Stoner's every work.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It all depends who the celebrity is. I think Craig T. Nelson was the perfect Mr. Incredible because his voice is distinctive. Same with Billy Crystal. But did Cameron Diaz really need to voice anything? Not really. Most actors are visually interesting, which rarely translates to their voices. People with boring voices have no business voice acting.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
robin williams should have *stayed* in voice acting business since aladdin ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks