Interview w/John Carpenter Producer Sandy King

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Felix Martinez, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez Screenwriter

I just posted my recent interview w/director John Carpenter's producer, Sandy King, with some interesting info on new dvd commentary tracks recorded for They Live and Prince of Darkness.
    Also includes a link to my previous interview with assistant editor/music editor Gordon Stainforth (Kubrick's The Shining). If you like The Shining, and have been fascinated by the use of sound and music in that film, I think you'll really dig that interview as well.
    FYI
    http://www.amateurhometheater.com/elgatoscorner.htm
    Cheers,
    Felix Martinez

2. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

Interesting how she says the commentary tracks for the THEY LIVE and PRINCE OF DARKNESS DVD's are "..for German distribution". I won't read too much into that comment at this point as all signs point to both discs getting a Region 1 re-release at some point. Good interview otherwise, though she does sometimes seem to be as laconic as her husband...

3. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

The tracks for they live and prince of darkness are region 2 exclusives for the company Kinowelt and won't be on any region 1 release....

4. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

Crikey,

Brett, do you know if the transfers will be the same?