What's new

Interview Questions (1 Viewer)

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Hey all, the girlfriend has a big interview with the Pier 1 opening here soon.. any hints or suggestions for the type of things they might ask/she might want to know which will be impressive?

Edit:
Okay, let me be more specific. Anyone here with Pier1 experience?

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Retail job interviews are pretty generic. They will ask a few questions about how you would deal with customers in certain situations, how you would deal with co-employees, and then probably a couple general experiences (successes, failures, weaknesses, etc.).

The questions should not be too difficult, and the interviewer will most likely read right off of a script.

J

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

These are very nice books especially if you are looking for pointers in writings cover/thank you letters and resumes for some popular positions. The interview tips are mainly common sense, but still good to get everything fresh in your mind.

J

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
unfortunately they sell them all seperately, knock em dead, interview questions, resume tips, and cover letters, I figured maybe I'd go to the local library and look for the resume book, cheaper.

John Gates

Second Unit
Hi Jamie,

My website has some helpful hints on interviewing that may be useful. http://www.free-resume-help.com.

Click on the Interview Answers section and see what you can find.

I agree that a retail interview is likely to be pretty generic, but if your GF is well-prepared, she should be able to stand out from the crowd. I would bet that about ZERO percent of her competition will bother to prepare.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

John

James T

Screenwriter
This may sound cocky, but it got me my retail job years back(the manager cleared schedules to try and fit me in the training the next day)....anyways, you're going to be asked what are you good at? What are your weaknesses etc.

With regard to the weakness question, I said I have no weakness that I am aware of because if I find a weak skill, I work on it until it becomes one of my strength skills.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

Very generic answer these days for that question. Answering questions in a way outside of the norm makes one stick out in the interviewers head.

I doubt Pier 1 uses Behavioral Interviews, but this method is becoming quite popular in corporate America. Companies want to know how you reacted in specific situations instead of just coming up with very general answers.

J

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Completely not applicable here but, when interviewing potential directors for my company, the two question that gave most of them fits were:

1. What is your definition of the word "integrity"?

2. Describe an unsuccessful project.

She might be asked this one:

Why do you want this job? (Another one I asked.) For questions she would want to ask this would be first and close to foremost: How did this position become available?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks