What's new

Intersecting Stories. Please recommend (1 Viewer)

Johnny V

Agent
Another movie that I think would qualify is Twenty Bucks . It follows the path of a $20 as it changes hands between people. It's a slightly above averge film, with a one or two particularly great scenes IMO.

Oh yeah, Steve Buscemi is in it, I think, if your a fan of his.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I thought of 20 Bucks too, as well as the Linklater films Slacker and Waking Life.

Oh, and another one: Smoke.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
For a slightly different take, Rashomon, with four views of the same event.

You might check out Ashes of Time, directed by Wong Kar-Wai. Be warned that though this is nominally a martial-arts film, it may take repeated viewings to understand what is going on.

And by the same director, Happy Together—another variation on your theme.

For yet another view, 8 1/2 presents both the film and the people making the film.

BarryS

Second Unit
Four Rooms. Four stories by four different directors (Allison Anders, Alexandre Rockwell, Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino), all connected by Tim Roth as the bellboy.
Also, Requiem For A Dream.

This has already been mentioned, but Robert Altman's Short Cuts is an excellent choice. Particularly if you liked Magnolia, I think you may find Short Cuts to be even better.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Happenstance with Audrey Tautou. I know Netflix has it because that's where I got it from. :D

A bit of a stretch, but maybe Run Lola Run? Not exactly intersecting stories, but three different takes on the same story.

StephenK

Stunt Coordinator
Gosford Park definitely....

And if your tastes allow....Happiness by Todd Solondz, be warned, it's a little warped.

I second Short Cuts & Crimes and Misdemeanors (Woody's best film imo) and would also recommend Hannah and Her Sisters.

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
I was going to recommend Run Lola Run as well, if only because it actually seems to be the opposite of what we're talking about here. Where most of these movies have different characters dealing with similiar and intersecting situations, RLR has the same characters dealing with a situation differently, and those grow apart instead of intersecting. Sort of.

What did I just say?

:b

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
Four Rooms for sure not alot of people enjoyed this movie but i love it. Tim Roth is amazing in almost everything he does. What about Jackie Brown?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks