What's new

Internet speed connection test. Beat me if you can (1 Viewer)

DanaA

Screenwriter
Well, I'm sure some of you can, but I tested out at 1.9 megabits per second, which isn't bad, even with a cable modem. I found this link when I was browsing over at HTGuide.com and thought some of you computer people here might find it amusing.
Speed Test

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I have Time Warner cable with a Toshiba cable modem and I rated out at 2.1 Mb/sec with the test. Pretty cool site.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
At work I just got 4.4 megabits per second. On a T-1.

At home, on cable I get around 3.2 megabits per second.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Looks like ur challenge has been answered and even left in the dust. But the rating seems too optimistic....nonetheless quite satisfying.
Oh BTW my cable clocked in at 2.9 megabits...

DanaA

Screenwriter
Well dang it then. I revise my challenge. Can anyone clock slower than me? Seriously, you guys have some very fast internet connects.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
1.2 Mbps. How did you get a 4.4 Mbps on a T1, given that T1 has a maximum throughput of 1.5 Mbps, and even that is almost never 100% full at all, much less saturated from a single source?

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
A friend of mine clocks between 1.3 to 3.5 on Roadrunner (Cox Cable). The wierd part is that it isn't even time dependent (both done about 2 am).

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
7.1 at work???? Where do you work - an ISP????

Man, that's like sitting in a datacenter kind of speeds...

and 4.4mbs on a t1???? Can you say 'impossible'???

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
I work at Texas Instruments. I went back and ran it again and it said that I was at 5.6. But we are having a nice rain storm now.

Corey

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Well, I do work at an ISP in central Oklahoma. So likely its on something a bit faster, I know that we do have some OC Fiber, and T3's here and there, but where I am, on a standard computer, with a 10 megabit connection, normally my download speeds correlate with simply a T1 or less so I just use that terminology. :D

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I got like 500k on Road Runner. I wonder if it's time to start looking into the registry tweak sites for RR access.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks