What's new

Internet site killing my connection. (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
Ok. I know I posted this before, but cannot find it in a search.

I originally posted that everytime I visited a particular site, that my connection dropped. I would have to reset my cable modem (off and on again). Each time I visted the site - Boom - gone.

Well, I have figrued out more. It is not the site that I visit but another site that tends to be linked too quite often on many forums.

It is imageshack. Don't know what is going on, but anytime I visit a site that contains embedded images hosted through imageshack, I lose my connection. It is of no doubt or coincidence at this point. It is a fact.

Any ideas at all on this? I am totall confused, and am quite tired of it.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Not a solution, but a way to avoid loading anything from that site:

If you are using Firefox, and install the Adblock extension (simple), you can then click on Tools > Extensions > Adblock > Options > and then add a "new filter" of "http://www.imageshack.com/*" (with an asterix at the end) to the list of sites not to load images from. Make sure Adblock's checkbox is set to "Remove ads" rather than simply "Hide Ads" since the intent here is to never even load anything from the site that is giving you trouble.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
It could also be an ad they are sending, rather than the site itself (same solution as above however). The "Samurai Jack" flash animation ad was bringing down my browser, regardless of where it was hosted. (same ad different hosts)

CRyan

Screenwriter
What is odd is that I do not have to actually go to imageshack. Just looking at a thread with images linked (embedded).

And my browser does not crash. It is still fine. It is just that the progress bar stops and my internet connection no longer works - even opening up a new browser window. I have to power off an on the modem.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am more than happy to avoid them (no choice) but it is disturbing to me that something is just not right. Hmmmm.

Just right now. I have been connected since last night after it disconnecting due to imageshack. No problems with the connection wahtsoever. Just to test it again, I went to a page that had linked images. I lost the connection.

Weird stuff I say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks