What's new

Internet radiostations/Shoutcast (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Anybody know any really good internet radio sites out there?

I have found a couple of them, one them I really like:

www.radioparadise.com

They seem to play a lot of obscure titles and indie artists, stuff you hardly ever hear on radio these days. I've given up on radio, I can now get satellite radio through my dish player at home and have a CD Changer in my car and now at work, I've played with finding various stations I can connect to. I have found RP, as well as an NPR station and also some old 80's rock stations. A whole bunch of them though, I find I have problems connecting too, time out all the time, no matter what time of day. Does anybody know if they have bandwidth limitations because I would say 90% of them I've tried at shoutcast.com and others, I always time out, always!

Jay

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
If you look at the list of stations on Shoutcast, it shows how many people are listening to each one, obviously they're not having problems. The problem might be your player software (Winamp works fine for me) and if it isn't that then it must be something on the Internet somewhere between your computer and the Shoutcast servers.

I listen to MMORadio on Shoutcast about 15 hours a day, i.e. practically every waking moment. Whenever they have a problem, it's usually on the DJ's end and not the Shoutcast network. Their DJs are all over the world, it's really convenient to have live DJs 24 hours a day due to the time zone differences.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
It has to be something between me and the net, I'm using Winamp 5 too and I have no problems with the ones that I can connect to. I find it's either really fast connection or it times out, not much in between.

I also can't complain too much, I listen to it at work ;)

Jay

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
I'm partial to Virgin Radio myself...They play a lot of britpop, which I love.

Radio Paradise is pretty cool too.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I tried to connect to a bunch of Virgin radio ones, no dice.
I even tried to connect to an "All Rush" station but that doesn't work.

So far, I can connect to:

2 80's stations SkY FM and 997
Radio Paradise
WXKZ, an NPR station in Lake Tahoe
WNYC a NYC NPR affiliate.
Magic Radio (appears to be french)
1 Hard Rock/Metal station

I tried WOXY and that times out too..

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks