Internet Explorer problem

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Daniel Kikin, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I'm having a weird problem with IE, whenever I try to enter a site in the address bar and click Go, nothing happens, and when I try to drop down the history on the address bar, IE completely freezes and I need to shut it down from Task Manager. I tried looking for something on Microsoft's site but couldn't find anything. I recently upgraded Norton Antivirus to 2006 and checked their site too but the one possible solution they had didn't work either. Any advice?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Have you checked your PC for spyware? If not, try the following free tools to scan your PC:

Spybot

Ad-aware

If you are still having problems, you can download Hijack This!, capture the logfile showing what's installed on your PC, and post it for others to help see if there is anything malicious installed on your PC. WARNING: Do not delete anything with Hijack This unless you know what you are doing. You could do more harm than good if you delete the wrong thing.

3. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

Deleted posted in the wrong thread.

4. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Thanks Scott, I already have PestPatrol but maybe I'll try Hijack This too, who knows what may show up...

5. Rommel_L

Rommel_L Second Unit

Here's a good link on how to repair IE...

6. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

well if you dont already have it, and you absolutly need to use IE make sure you use SpyWare Blaster to help protect yourself, personally id ditch it and get forefox or opera. Also get rid of Norton its garbage.

7. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

While I use Firefox as my default browser at home, I find I still need IE occasionally. Firefox does not work with my VPN connection to work, with our company's benefits site, or with the web interface for a few functions on my home Dlink router administration firmware.

8. Ray Chuang

Ray Chuang Screenwriter

This is why I use MySoft Technology's Maxthon "shell" program for Internet Explorer. You get Firefox-like functionality AND includes the powerful AD Hunter functionality that stamps out pop-ups, pop-unders, Flash animation ads, and even errant ActiveX objects! [​IMG]