1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Internet Browsers: What are YOU using? (And why?)

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mike Frezon, Sep 17, 2017.

1. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    More generally, this is the type of stuff THAT I'm willing to overlook all the other annoyances in current versions of Firefox and Chromium based browsers.

I'll update largely to deal with current/recent security holes, even with all the annoynace factors of other stuff like disabling junk, useless new features, etc ....

I'm not willing to deal anymore with the headaches of security holes in previous browser versions, regardless of "cosmetic" issues.

2. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    The only truly secure browser or OS is the one that's never connected to the internet. I've not tested this in several years but as recent as 5 years ago you could put an unpatched copy of Windows 2000 on the internet and it'd be infected before any updates could dl. Without you doing anything but plugging in the network cable. The last few servers we built at work with this version of the OS had to be fully patched and hardened off-line before connecting them to the internet. I was never so glad to see the back end of an OS in my life as the day we shut down our last W2K server.

3. Rodney

Rodney Cinematographer
    Supporter

4. Rodney

Rodney Cinematographer
    Supporter

It's been a month now using Brave as my default browser, and it hasn't missed a beat. I haven't had to open up another browser for any sites (knock on wood). It's still fast. I did have one issue with it on my Mac Mini, but a restart fixed the problem for me.

5. theJman

theJman Stunt Coordinator

Jim
    Brave has proven to be quite nice for me as well. Have you read any of their blogs? It's not just another browser based on Chromium, they have a whole design concept and unique strategy around what they're doing. The tech behind it is pretty interesting.

6. John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John
    I use Safari because I converted to all Apple devices.

I seem to have a problem though. YouTube doesn’t seem to support webcam created videos in Safari. They invited me to download chrome on my Mac which I’m not going to do